It's still dripping off

Options
GraceB
GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
edited 4. Jun 2016, 12:43 in Community Chit-chat archive
My weight loss is now at the 3stones, 6lbs point. It's still dripping off pound by pound but I keep chipping away at this.

GraceB
Turn a negative into a positive!

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Well done, that is a magnificent achievement and I hope you feel very proud of yourself. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • GraceB
    Options
    Thank you DD. I am pleased with progress but still have a way to go yet. Although it'll be slow work, I'll get there - eventually.

GraceB
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    Slow and steady wins the race. X Mig
  • GraceB
    Options
    Thank you Mig. I'm happy if I see a loss of a pound a week. It's a bit frustrating though when you know you've stuck to the plan, not cheated, and all you have for your efforts is half a pound off. It all adds up though!

GraceB
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,417
    Options
    It does Grace!!

Best way anyway too loose steadily your body adjusts then.

It really shows commitment to keep going as you are :)

Love

Toni xx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Good for you Grace..they always say its stays off that way...you keep up the good work..x
    Love
    Barbara
  • GraceB
    Options
    Thank you Ladies. Don't worry, I'll keep going with this. I'm a typical Taurean - stubborn!

GraceB
  • Turbogran
    Turbogran Member Posts: 2,023
    Options
    Hi grace
    sorry have only just been able to get back on forum as it wouldn't let me in for nearly a week wouldn't accept new passwords on anything. however managed to get back with it today. Well done on the weight loss that's the way to do it though as they say a loss is a loss. myself I am still at my target now for 2yrs 1 month I go up and down like a little yo yo now but that's fine by me as i'm still within my 6 lb bubble floating around. you are doing great one more lb to 3 & 1/2 stone so going along nicely
    Stay positive always👍xx
  • daffy2
    daffy2 Member Posts: 1,636
    Options
    GraceB wrote:
    It's a bit frustrating though when you know you've stuck to the plan, not cheated, and all you have for your efforts is half a pound off. It all adds up though! GraceB
    That's the primeval life preservation mechanism kicking in isn't it Grace? Body is saying whoah, famine ahead, slow down metabolism, make the most of what we're getting. Basic biology, but not helpful to 21st century aims for health!
    So long as it keeps going down rather than up - keep up the good work, I admire your perseverance especially in light of what's been thrown at you recently.
  • GraceB
    Options
    Thank you for your encouragement. I'm hoping for a bit better result tomorrow when I weigh in again as I'm now off antibiotics following my infection after I had part of my left big ingrown toenail removed. I've stuck to plan again and will update tomorrow night.

Take care,
    GraceB
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    GraceB wrote:
    Thank you Ladies. Don't worry, I'll keep going with this. I'm a typical Taurean - stubborn!

GraceB
    So am I... :D
    Love
    Barbara
  • GraceB
    Options
    Just to say I'm now a frustrating half a pound away from having lost three and a half stone! I was pleased Wednesday when the scales showed a 1lb loss as the previous week I'd put half a pound back on. Annoyingly I have no idea where that half pound appeared from, other than the fact I'd been on antibiotics as I'd stuck to plan!

I'm hoping next week that I achieve this three and a half stone award as I can then focus on getting to my 4 stone position.

GraceB
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,710
    Options
    Well done, yet again, Grace! You are really sticking to this through thick and thin. I know they say it becomes harder and slower the more one loses but you don't seem at all discouraged by the slower loss, only more determined. You are a great example to others.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Turbogran
    Turbogran Member Posts: 2,023
    Options
    Well done Grace
    you are doing fantastic and as they say the slower it comes of the better myself I have reached target so for me its all about staying there I have managed so far. good luck on your downward journey. :)
    Stay positive always👍xx