Pain Free (for the moment!)

daniivca
daniivca Member Posts: 30
edited 23. May 2016, 11:07 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi everyone I haven't been on here in a while due to the fact that my arthritis has been giving me a lot of gip! But I'm now thankfully out of my flare up so the exhaustion has buggered off and I'm thankfully pain free well for the moment anyway!

I would just like to apologise to all these who tried to help me and I seemed a bit snappy or off with you, I get like that during my flare ups my poor OH is brilliant at coping with my mood swings now though :lol:

In regards to my disciplinary I eventually had a telephone consultation with with OccH who clarified to my work that I do fall under the equalities act so I had no further action on that front :D even if I can't have any more time off between now and next February!

I've started swimming again which has helped massively as well I think and the hospital were happy with how I'm doing so that's always a good thing as well :)

Anyway once again I apologise if I seemed snappy with anyone I promise that's my usual personally it was the pain talking for want of a better phrase!

Comments

• Jen
    Jen Member Posts: 155
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Glad you are pain free now daniivca and are able to enjoy some swimming now.

Best wishes Jen x
    flower2520paars.gif~c200
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    You didn't seem at all snappy and, anyway, we all understand that we're none of us at our polite bests when we're in pain. I'm glad Occy Health helped and well done you on the swimming. That should help too.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • daniivca
    daniivca Member Posts: 30
    It helps a lot I find even when I hurt I never push myself then though I just do as much as I can! I'm struggling at the moment to go because we recently acquired a dog and one of my cats is not impressed by him so I can't leave them on their own at the minute so have to wait for the OH to come home before I can which is sometimes quite awkward.

Maybe also aquiring a dog has helped and walking a few times a day as well I'm not sure.
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Being able to pace yourself with the swimming is very good.

Walking the dog? I'm not sure. Dogs need to be walked whatever we feel like so I guess you'd be more likely to overdo things. Having said that, though I never had a dog as an adult, I did have two sons and so I, too, had to do things whether or not it was a good idea for me at the time. I did feel that, in some ways, this was good as it forced me to put the pain in the background and just see it as part and parcel of life.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright