I have a "working diagnosis" of.......

bluebell
bluebell Member Posts: 25
edited 1. Jun 2016, 06:02 in Living with Arthritis archive
.......Psoriatic Arthritis

Just got back to work after my first rheumatology appointment, and it was great actually. I did a sheet (discussed on a different thread) with lots of summary info on, and a pain map, and a history of anything else I could think of, and he said it was brilliant, really useful. He asked a few questions about some of the things on there and a few things that weren't. did a physical exam and was basically lovely i.e. very human, and not scary at all.

he says he's pretty sure it's Psoriatic, and that I've probably had it since I was a teenager (25 years ago??). Also says that's good news, because if I've had it that long and have no sign of deformity in the joints then it's mild and I shouldn't expect to be limited too much as I get older. more blood tests of course and I have to go back for an ultrasound of a few joints, but just anti-inflammatories for now.

if/when my hands particularly swell/flare up next I have to call the helpline and see them straight away (so he can see it at it's worst I guess), or if he finds anything on the ultrasound he'll call me back in, other than that I go back routine in 6 months :)

he did tell me to pick up a leaflet about psoriatic arthritis on my way out, but I forgot :/ plenty of info here of course ;)

thanks all x

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 26,708
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Good :D I think. Better not to have it but, given that something is clearly amiss, it's better to have a diagnosis. And a diagnosis of something mild is always good news.

I'd suggest that, if you do have any swelling in the interim you take photos. It could help.

Who's Online

HelenS
HelenS
toady
toady
+5 Guests