Hip surgery

jeany1
jeany1 Member Posts: 2
Hi everyone, my husband and I both suffer from Arthritis. He has just had a second hip replacement, first one he hadn't any bother after surgery but this time he is angry and really bad tempered since he come home from the hospital. I have never seen him like that and it is worrying me. Can having surgery cause this

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Welcome to Arthritis Care Forums jeany1 from the moderation team

As mods we are here to help with any problems you may have on the message boards.

There are lots of lovely people here with a wide range of experiences with arthritis and the problems of living with the condition. Just join in wherever you like you will be made very welcome.

I look forward to seeing you posting on the boards.

Best wishes

Mod John
  • helpline_team
    helpline_team Posts: 3,464
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Jeany1

Thank you for posting on the forum, I’m sorry to hear that since your husband’s surgery he is angry and bad tempered. I can understand your concern as this seems to be unlike his regular behaviour.

Everyone’s recovery from surgery is different, we are not medically trained on the Helpline so I couldn’t say whether or not his behaviour is due to the surgery. It may be best to speak to the doctor or consultant to get their view on why this may be.

You might like to take a look at our ‘Surgery and arthritis’ booklet: https://www.arthritiscare.org.uk/what-is-arthritis/resources/224-surgery-and-arthritis

If you or your husband would like to talk to us on our Freephone Helpline: 0808 800 4050 (weekdays 10-4) you are very welcome to call, a listening and supportive ear can be helpful.

Best wishes
    Lynda