This has no subject.

Starburst
Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
edited 10. Jun 2016, 14:12 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hello, lovely people. I'm sorry it's been a while.

Those who know me on here know how much I love my job. I feel privileged to be involved in people's lives when they are often at their most vulnerable. However, as I move from a newly qualified social worker towards being classed as an experienced one, I find the emotional stress of the job increasing ten fold. I am seeing and hearing things that are traumatic to hear and see even though it's not even my trauma. I'm finding it hard to deal with, so I've been shutting out any other emotions. I'm not complaining or excusing my absence, just explaining.

I had the most amazing holiday of a lifetime last month. I went to Orlando and it was just out-of-this-world-incredible. I'm hanging on to that and excitedly planning next year's holiday which I'm hoping will be a Californian road trip. Always dreaming big! I have a lot of gratitude and appreciation for the things in my life that are good.

I hope you are all as well as you can be.
Sophie x

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,710
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    You have a very stressful job and you also have a very stressful 'medical life'. It's only common sense to keep as stress-free as possible as and when you can. I know the old dictum of not taking the job home with you and not getting emotionally involved but....... Yeah, but.

Just look after yourself, think of California and come here as and when. We understand.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    I can only imagine how horrible your job can be, it must be so hard not to dwell on things..but you are certainly the right person for it..that holiday came just at the right time, we have been to Florida quite a few years ago now..before satnavs...dont ask :shock: ..I hope you can keep going with your job..and look forward to California.. :D
    Love
    Barbara