Humira and health care at home

Options
Eagle
Eagle Member Posts: 14
edited 13. Jun 2016, 09:04 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi
I am in the UK Wales and my Dr has decided to put me on Humira.
They have taken the bloods and xrays. They said that a company called health care at home would deliver and show me how to use the pens. does any body know how long the health care nurse takes to make the appointment and come to show you how to inject? A lot of reports say that health care at home is not a very good, fast or reliable company. your opinion would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Comments

• theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi there,

I've been on humira for almost 10 years now, and it's been of enormous benefit to me, only now starting to lose its efficacy.

If I remember rightly, I only waited a week for the nurse to come and show me how to inject.

Healthcare at Home were super-efficient for years, then were taken over apparently, and went through a really bad patch when many of us received our drugs late, or not at all. These ' teething troubles' were sorted, and - certainly in my case- normal service resumed. I now get a text about a week before my delivery is due, then a text the day before giving me my ' slot, ' which is normally a two-hour window. They phone to arrange the next delivery.

Hope this helps,

Tezz
  • theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    Options
    Sorry, I forgot to say they bring you the sharps bin to dispose of the pens - I always ask for a large one.
  • Eagle
    Options
    Thanks for that info
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Sorry I cant help but just want to welcome you to the forum...and hope the health service treats you well...
    Love
    Barbara
  • Eagle
    Options
    Thanks my Dr's are very good and caring