Please give us your feedback on our new booklet design!

Options
[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
edited 3. Jul 2016, 09:43 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi all!

The fundraising team at Arthritis Care are currently producing a short, anecdotal tips booklet that will be advertised on trains and in weekly magazines, and want your feedback on it!

Below are some ideas for the look and feel of the booklet and the adverts, and we would like to find out:

- What you think of the look and feel of the booklet – is it accessible? Is it what you’d expect from Arthritis Care?

- What you think of the different sections we’ve included – Are they logical? Do they suit your needs? Have we missed anything?

- How the adverts come across to you – are they easy to understand? Do you like them? Would you order one?

- What you would change about the adverts

Also, if you have any tips that you want to share, please get in touch!

We’re giving feedback to the designers on Wednesday 22nd June so if you could let us know your thoughts by then, that would be great!

Thanks all!

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,713
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Houston, I think we might have a problem. I've downloaded all of them. Here are my comments:

It does look and feel great.
    Is it accessible? Hm. Here's the problem.

(Tube ad concept 3) - OK

(Tube ad concept 2) – All the words under GET OUR FREE GUIDE appear to have been written in a combination of Latin, Esperanto and Gibberish so I can't comment on the content. In case this was a problem confined to my computer and Linux, I tried on my Samsung Tablet, too, with the same result.

(Tube ad concept 1) – Ditto

(Booklet inside cover and Page 3 – All words in small print are unintelligible.

(Booklet cover concept 2) - OK

(Booklet cover concept 6) – OK. Might it look better if the emphasised (italic) word was 'living'.

The headers look good. I like the bright, jaunty style.

Is it what I expect from AC? No, frankly a very pleasant surprise :lol:

The different sections seem good, logical and, yes, they'd suit my needs.

The ads are easy to understand. I like them. No, I wouldn't order a booklet as, after 55 years of arthritis, I could probably have written it but that's just me.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • daffy2
    daffy2 Member Posts: 1,636
    Options
    Sticky has said it all, so I'll save myself some typing and say 'seconded' - including the italic change of emphasis.
    I seem to remember that the jibberish is standard for mock-ups of this kind, but it would be useful perhaps, when it's available, to have the 'real' text to comment on?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    Options
    Hi all,

Just to clarify, there is dummy text added to the designs as the copy's still being written. So if you've like to give feedback on the booklets and the ads, if you could look at the questions above in the original post, we'd really appreciate it.

Regards,
    Suzannah
    Arthritis Care
  • Chrissie
    Chrissie Member Posts: 4
    Options
    I agree with all the comments and as a new member would order these. I like the fact that they are bright and attention-grabbing. I also agree that seeing the final text would help.