Pip

Options
jordansmum
jordansmum Member Posts: 257
Hi guys been a while since I posted but I wonder if any of you can help me . My son changed from dla to pip he was on high rate care and high rate mobility and like so many people his desision for pip was standard care and no mobility .We could not believe the desision and decided to ask for a mandatory reconsideration we were awarded standard care and standard mobility the whole thing was extremely stressful as the assessor twisted round every word my son said and I was not allowed to answer for him as he is over 16 even though he has only ever had peadeactric services so you can imagine how bad it was for him . We decided not to take it to tribuneral even though we new the desision was so wrong as we didn't want to put him through any more .
My question is how soon can we reapply as the month we had to place an appeal ended the 12th June I know you will all think me stupid for not sticking to my guns but I now feel we need to fight this and get what is his right he has Jia and has a failed hip replacement of which causes him so much pain he uses a wheelchair , will we have to go through the whole process again including another assesment his condition has deteriorated since his initial claim.
Sorry for the long post but hope you can give me some answers X

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,713
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Oh dear! I haven't a clue. The government website https://www.gov.uk/pip/appeals tells how to appeal, how to ask for a 'mandatory reconsideration' and also how to take it to a tribunal if you disagree with the appeal decision. However, as you say, the latter must be done within a month and that window has now expired.

I'm sorry but my guess would be that there is no point in reapplying unless / until you have some documented evidence that Jordan's condition has deteriorated since the appeal.

I hope someone will come along who is more clued up about these things than I am.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • jordansmum
    Options
    thanks stickywicket for your reply i have had a look at the website and i can still ask for an appeal i have to tell them why it was late going in so keeping fingers crossed they will exept it :(
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Of course you are not stupid, you are a concerned and stressed mum who is dealing on a day-to-day basis with the care and support that your son needs, whereas the healthy twerps who administer the system have no clue about what you and he are facing. I have no experience of these matters but I think your local CAB (Citizens Advice Bureau) might: they will also help with form-filling etc.

Please let us know how things progress for you and your lad. I wish you both well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • jordansmum
    Options
    Thanks so much dream daisy I have forgotten what a wonderful support this site is but since my sons hip replacement things have been abit of a roller coaster ride and now this its just overwhelming his hip replacement has failed he is in constant pain and the consultant is still not sure wether there is an underlying infection because he was admitted with swelling redness heat and severe temperature his Crp was 45 and stays hovering at 22 even though he is on 20 mg mex and 50 Enbrel so yeah this is all we need will defo get in touch with the cab and keep you all informed xx
  • bubbles
    bubbles Member Posts: 6,508
    Options
    Oh this is terrible, the people who carry out these so called assessments, lasting however long 30 mins an hour, think themselves suitably qualified to consider the person's every need. Well, it doesn't work, so many many people are completely aghast at the responses and lack of awards that come back. Of course you are not being silly in any way.
    It really is a case of fighting tooth and nail. The whole thing infuriates my Consultant, saying "what else do they want me to say, when I have said it all, umpteen times, simple, they don't read what is given to them" (this does not please Consultants and rightly so).
    You can indeed go over the allotted month for an appeal, as long as you can give them good reason and good reason would be because of the care you are providing, taking a great deal of your time, rather than worrying about filling in more forms.
    I would involve your local MP in this as well as Drs Consultants Physio's etc. The more the better. Then send it all in, duly copied, to them and ask that this goes to appeal.
    I did this a couple of years back and I received a phone call saying that the appeal process would stop, as they had enough evidence to realise that I am NOT WELL. Oh it gets my goat and then some.

Do keep us posted, I hope you receive everything that should be paid out and backdated too. XX Aidan
    XX Aidan (still known as Bubbles).
  • jordansmum
    Options
    Thanks so much bubbles that's made me feel so much better , since my last post I have received my appeal letter to say the dwp have 28 days to object to our appeal so keeping fingers crossed they don't . I will get in touch with my local mp but not really sure what to say . I have a telephone appointment with Jordan's gp on Monday as she is very supportive to him unfortunately she is leaving the practice so any ideas of what to ask her to include in this letter to the appeals would be really helpful . I have also been told to get I touch with the cab , Jordan has also got a new Rhummy consultant and Rhummy nurse so we have no rapore with them as his old consultant and Rhummy nurse have retired so we feel everything is going against us at the moment . I think I will be needing a lot of support with this over the upcoming weeks or months and just hope I can find the strength to keep fighting . Will keep you all updated .
  • bubbles
    Options
    indeed, let's hope they pass the 28 days and things go through without a formal appeal process.
    It is difficult when Drs and other medical staff retire, or move on, especially when you have a good rapport with them. I am sure the new staff will be equally as supportive, it is a case of stating your concerns as soon as, get in early so to speak.
    The same really with your MP, an outline of the key points so far, will bring them up to speed. They can certainly write a letter of support and concern with regard the process and decisions. Some are better than others, I know that, but, as a constituent they are their to represent you and help.
    I so hope it doesn't have to go further, but it is better to have as much back up as you can. Everything crossed. Take care XX Aidan
  • jordansmum
    Options
    Hi everyone , I just thought I would update you on the progress so far regarding Jordan's appeal , his lovely doctor has written him a great letter telling the dwp in no uncertain terms that there decision is wrong much more indepth than the first one and also our local mp is going to support him in his case as well . Things are moving so fast and it's still in the period that they have to refuse his appeal because we were late sending it in .
    The mp has acted so quickly as we only sent him an email at the weekend but he is getting in touch with the dwp today :o:o and has said by email that he will write to Jordan with there response so fingers and toes crossed if you can that I will get the justice my son deserves .
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    You know your Son better than anyone and 'they' just go on a short interview and any supporting evidence you can provide. So it is always best to challenge a decision if you feel strongly that they have not understood his condition well enough.

Good luck and hope the GP's letter does the job,

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • bubbles
    Options
    oh I am so pleased that your GP and MP have rallied in just support of your claim. Excellent news, but sad in some ways, that you and many of us have to resort to these lengths to be heard.
    Keep us posted and take care XX Aidan
  • jordansmum
    Options
    Ok guys it's been a busy few weeks but it's d day tomorrow for Jordan's appeal , I have enlisted the help of diverse abilities formally Wessex disability and they do feel that we have a good case so fingers crossed the gp has written yet another letter highlighting a few things that the advise team advised , I will of course let you know how we get on .
    If I am being honest with you I am getting very nervous it seemed a good idea at the time but like always I get myself worked up and anxious and will just be glad when it's over with , I just don't know what to expect it seems so official judge jury and all that .
    Right enough self pity I must do this for my son xx
  • bubbles
    Options
    We will be thinking of you - of course it is a nerve jangling time. I get worked up at the mention of the DWP.
    Let's hope for the most positive outcome, all you can do is fight your corner and it sounds like you have a lot of evidence in support of your claim.
    Be strong, state all the facts, where they went wrong in their previous decision. Give them time to pour over the evidence. I am sure things will be ok. Let us know how the day goes. XX Aidan
  • MatisseFan
    MatisseFan Member Posts: 7
    Options
    Actually. It is the Dwp, Atos, etc. Whom are there to listen and believe the Pip or ESA applicant. It is not the business of The Welfare State to interrogate someone who comes and needs help. Really. Interrogation and discrimination are unlawful.