Funny thing is ........

Turbogran
Turbogran Member Posts: 2,023
edited 30. Jun 2016, 10:31 in Community Chit-chat archive
I am going on Holiday :bouncing-ball: on Friday but don't know why I have none of the usual excitement of going away :( I know as OH says that the holiday will do me good but I wish I had some enthusiasum for it. think I need a dam good kick up the rear :lol:
Stay positive always👍xx

Comments

• daffy2
    daffy2 Member Posts: 1,636
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Carol, I don't think a bruised bum will improve matters! You have been having a rough time of it and I suspect are struggling under the 'what next' umbrella. I think all you can do at this stage is not fret too much about not feeling enthusiastic about the prospect of your holiday, and take each day as it comes.
  • Turbogran
    your are probably right Daffy and they still continue with the very dry mouth which I am not sure what's causing it could be a number of things its just so annoying. whatever I do to relive it only lasts for a little while.
    Stay positive always👍xx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Carol you are not on your own with this, I have always love my holiday wherever we have gone , but I dont get excited anymore just nervous..what will the bed be like..will I forget any meds and it goes on..but when I get there I soon settle in :D you enjoy
    Love
    Barbara
  • Turbogran
    Thank you Barbara glad i'm not the only one but I don't usually feel like this in the week leading up to hols and i'm usually quite organised so don't really worry about forgetting anything. I think its just that so much has happened and got to me in the last 10 months or so that its just all got on top of me. also when I say anything to Mr turbo I just get greeted with a shrug and I get so annoyed. I suppose I shouldn't after all he has always been the same and we have been married for 46 yrs next Tueday while we are away ha ha so should be used to it. I Will be okay when I get there just got to get through the five hr train journey.
    Stay positive always👍xx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Carol we have been married 47 this August..I think :shock: :lol: so I know what you mean..men dont understand us women :lol: ...things have piled up on your recently that wont help..but you get motivated and enjoy that holiday..x
    Love
    Barbara
  • Turbogran
    Think your right there Barbara. and yes as I will enjoy it no doubt and men definitely don't understand us do they :lol:
    Stay positive always👍xx
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    My inexpert opinion would be that Mr Turbo's advice would be for you to get your health problems fixed. Men like to get everything fixed and are completely discombobulated by the unfixable.

You, on the other hand, are worried, and persistently, unavoidably, 24-hours-a-day plagued by your dry mouth which has, so far at least, resisted fixing and must feel somewhat irritated by being unable to share your worries with someone who, after all those years of marriage, ought to understand you better but doesn't because he inhabits Blokeworld.

Chuck into this a difficult year and, yes, I can see that a holiday might just seem more of the same in a different place and maybe more trouble than it's worth.

I hope not. Some things will not go away but a change of scenery and of daily routine can sometimes make a big difference to how we see and feel and view situations.

So my advice would be that you don't have to enjoy packing :mrgreen: but try to enjoy the holiday :deckchair: and remember we are here as and when needed.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Turbogran
    Thank Sticky
    your opinion is expert rather than inexpert as far as i'm concerned had to have a giggle about the discombobulated by the unfixable they sure are but then well after all they are only men who cannot do or think of more than one thing at a time. :roll:
    funny thing is he is always a different person on holiday when at home he is always more interested in his I pad and the sy fy channel on tv but not when we are away. he is more talkative when away
    and I always feel better when I have been away on holiday. so fingers crossed that this year will be the same.
    We also have a few good things coming up in the next few months with Mr Turbo's 70th birthday meal down in broadstairs with all close family in August then in September we have a few days away in Dublin and again are hoping to meet up with my cousin and family who live Cohb . and then in December we are due to be great granparents again for the second time round :D so hopefully things can be getting better.
    Stay positive always👍xx
  • stickywicket
    I hope so. Starting from NOW :lol:
    Steven Wright
  • Turbogran
    Sticky I agree and this afternoon when told by a friend to enjoy my holiday I said to myself yes I am going to enjoy this weeks holiday dry mouth or not so this evening I have started to make my usual lists to make sure nothing is forgotten and its Cornwall here I come :deckchair: also had good news yesterday that my granddaughter after 4 yrs of problems with her ex who is father of my great granddaughter and is not interested in the little one and never really has been my granddaughter and her new fiancé have changed the little ones surname by deed pole with both her mums and dads surname and giving her a double barrelled surname everyone is over the moon about. she was registered with her mums surname in the first place so her dads was never on her birth certificate anyway.
    Stay positive always👍xx
  • stickywicket
    Oooh Cornwall! Lovely, happy memories. Whereabouts? We always did round Padstow Bay / Tintagel area.

Names are important. When my son and dil adopted a 4yr old they kept his former surname as his middle name. I hope the whole of your little family is very happy.
    Steven Wright
  • Turbogran
    Hi Sticky we are going to Carbis Bay near St Ives. and Its off to a
    one night stay in a hotel in Paddington tomorrow then on to St Ives on Saturday morning.

And yes the whole family are very happy at the name change for the little one and I do Believe the new baby which is due in December will also have both surnames so the with both be the same after all my granddaughter and fiancé have been together now since little one was 6 months old so she doesn't even recognise her dad as her dad she has always called my granddaughters fiancé daddy cos he has always been there for her. its funny really cos after telling her she had a new name her mum asked her what her name was and she said her original name paused and then said oh yeah and second surname, then adding I forgetted that bit. saucy little monkey that she is. :roll: :roll: :lol::lol:
    Stay positive always👍xx