Advice

jkf123
jkf123 Member Posts: 3
edited 5. Jul 2016, 15:56 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi I have Arthritis in my hip and currently waiting for a operation which could be in the next two months, however over the last couple of days I have been getting severe sharp pains going into my hip joint and can hardly put pressure on my foot as the pain is so severe. It also feels like it's coming out of the joint. Should I be worried or is this just part of the course.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Welcome to Arthritis Care Forums jkf123 from the moderation team

As mods we are here to help with any problems you may have on the message boards.

There are lots of lovely people here with a wide range of experiences with arthritis and the problems of living with the condition. Just join in wherever you like you will be made very welcome.

I look forward to seeing you posting on the boards.

Best wishes

Mod John
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Hello jkf123 and welcome from me too.

I have two hip replacements but it's virtually impossible to advise people on the basis of pain as we all perceive it differently. Before my second hip was replaced I struggled to walk at all just round the house, leaning very heavily (exactly as one shouldn't do :wink: ) on a stick. On the other hand, I have RA and it's in all other joints too. If you are worried I think you can only ask your GP who could, if (s)he thought it necessary, ask for an x-ray.

I hope all goes well.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • purplejoanne
    purplejoanne Member Posts: 24
    Hi

I also have OA in both hips, the pain that you are describing I get most days and some days its bearable and others I also find it hard to place my feet on the floor. To me it feels like the hip has got stuck, i also get a pinching sensation in my bottom. If you're at all worried i would go and see your GP.

Hope you get some relief from the pain

x