new menber

mags63
mags63 Member Posts: 2
edited 6. Jul 2016, 12:02 in Say Hello Archive
Hi everybody my name is mags I am 63 years old and am retired I was diagnosed with osteoarthritis two years ago. I have had a right shoulder replacement and am awaiting for an op on my left knee when I have lost weight am going to weight watchers. I also have pain in my right knee left hip and left shoulder so back to drs Hello to you all mags

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Welcome to Arthritis Care Forums, Mags, from the moderation team.

We have some great members with a wide range of experiences of arthritis and of living with the condition. Needing to lose weight before surgery is a not uncommon issue here. Best of luck to you :D

As moderators we are here to help with any problems you may have using the message boards so feel free to send us a message if you need to.

Please do join in wherever you like, you will be made very welcome.
    I look forward to seeing you posting on the boards.

Best wishes

Moderator Ellen
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Hello, it's nice to meet you but I am sorry you have had to find us. I have OA (diagnosed in 2011) which was caused by my other arthritis (which began in 1997 but was only recognised as an auto-immune form in 2006). I've had three operations to try to ease matters but no replacements as yet: my knees are the biggest culprits but I was too young (aged 53) and too fat. I'm now 57 but still on the wrong side for any action surgery-wise. :wink:

I think the pain is the hardest aspect of dealing with this malarkey, no matter what we do to alleviate it it never goes away (and delights in getting worse every now and again). I prefer the honesty of my OA, it lets me know what's what especially if I overdo things! I'm currently enjoying a lazy couple of days because I have a wedding to attend on Friday and I know that is going to be hard work. I hope you enjoy looking round the forum, you are talking to the initiated on here so we can truly empathise and understand how difficult life can be. I wish you well and hope to see your name here and there across the boards. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hello Mags..and a warm welcome e to the forum
    We dont have ,many that have had shoulder replacement on here, so your advice will be welcome to the few that have or are waiting for one.
    I do hope to see your name around the forum... :)
    Love
    Barbara