Learn a new language

lindamay
lindamay Member Posts: 118
edited 11. Jul 2016, 04:32 in Community Chit-chat archive
A friend told me about a web page where you can learn a new language. Its called Duolingo. There are lots of languages to learn. It starts from basic and as you progress you can earn "tokens" where you can buy on line benefits to help you. You work at your own pace as much as or as little as you want. It helps you read/write and even speak the language. You can play at on your own or against "friends". Give it a go. Its fun for those bad days when you just don't feel like going out.

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    What a great idea! Thanks for sharing it, Linda. It looks a really good site, free and very easy to use.

I always think distraction is the best route away from pain and, apparently, learning a new language really helps to prevent mental deterioration as we get older.

I'd love to start a new one right now but, as it's a busy time for us, I might settle for brushing up my spanish first.

Thank you :D
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Thank you Linda. I've always wanted to learn Russian so will give it a go.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • lindamay
    tkachev wrote:
    Thank you Linda. I've always wanted to learn Russian so will give it a go.

Elizabeth
  • lindamay
    What a great idea! Thanks for sharing it, Linda. It looks a really good site, free and very easy to use.

I always think distraction is the best route away from pain and, apparently, learning a new language really helps to prevent mental deterioration as we get older.

I'd love to start a new one right now but, as it's a busy time for us, I might settle for brushing up my spanish first.

Thank you :D