gp appointment

Options
mig
mig Member Posts: 7,154
edited 20. Jul 2016, 06:00 in Living with Arthritis archive
I have made app to see GP tomorrow afternoon ,can't seem to clear phelm from upper chest and throat and now my ears are sore so I think I might be brewing an infection,the inhaler has run out and GP said to see her before I can get another Im going to take my copy of the letter from the chest man because sometimes they get theirs late.
Fingers crossed internet is ok now. Mig

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Good luck my lovely, I hope your GP can help because these troubles are very uncomfortable, I remember them well. :( Please let us know how you get on, I would offer to do PDs but The Spouse has the day off tomorrow so I suspect I will be otherwise engaged. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • mig
    Options
    Hope you both have a restful day. Mig
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    Hello Mig. I had similar when I was on humira. I ended up with a constant cough and I was always waking at night struggling to get my breath and having to clear my throat and nose for about an hour before I felt safe to lie down again. Also as you know you are more prone to infections when on mtx and/or humira.

Take care
    Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,713
    Options
    I'm in. I hope (s)he can at least make you feel more comfortable. Good thinking to take the consultant's letter.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • mig
    Options
    Well GP had got blood results and listened to my chest again there is no sign of infection and temperature was normal,she has given me another inhaler and said theres not a lot we can do till I've had the ct and the other tests,she said having read the consultants letter he is also thinking its arthritis or arthritis medication related.So ct scan next week and middle of august for other tests and in-between a cruise to Norway. Mig
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Oh, that was a curate's egg of an appointment, wasn't it? No infection (which to my way of thinking was a bit of a shame because at least that could be sorted) and now a little more uncertainty whilst you wait for the next round of tests etc. I think the ongoing low-pressure and stormy weather is not helping my breathing (despite the triple immuno-suppression I need both inhalers on a regular basis) - there's some tough stuff in the air at the moment!

I hope you enjoy the cruise to Norway, the air there may clear your pipes! ((( ))) DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicket
    Options
    I agree with DD – this is not a good summer for those of us who require inhalers.

I'm sure, in your situation, we'd all like quick answers, mig, but the fact that they're happy to leave things for another month does seem to indicate that, whatever it is, it's not urgent and shouldn't interfere too much with your holiday. And I hope it isn't and doesn't.
    Steven Wright
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Mig sorry I missed this just got back for a little break away..what a mixed appointment that was..but glad nothing serious has been found..but there is obviously something going on..I hope the new inhaler works for you..and enjoy your cruise ..x
    Love
    Barbara
  • mig
    Options
    My appointment for chest ct is tomorrow afternoon,anyone free will be welcome. Mig
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    Options
    I can come tomorrow. Hope it goes well.
    Christine
  • mig
    Options
    Well the ct scan seemed to go ok,should hear something 4-6 weeks ,the breathing and excersise tests are on 17th august so hopefully everything will come together and I will find out whats going on.Mig
  • stickywicket
    Options
    So far, so good. :D
    Steven Wright