I made it

Slosh
Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
edited 17. Jul 2016, 15:08 in Living with Arthritis archive
School doesn't actually finish for the holidays until 12.00 next Wednesday but as little work gets done that day, and it will be the only day I work next week, as far as I am concerned today was my end of term.
And I made it.
And while to most people this wouldn't be anything much to be proud off for me it is.
For the first time in three years I have made it to the end of the school year.
It is also now a year since I was last signed off although it has beeñ a close run thing once or twice.
As you all know it hasn't always been plain sailing, and even though I'm now part-time it was much harder than I expected.
Thanks to all of you for being there to support me when I needed it.
He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
Julian of Norwich

Comments

• hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Slosh
    Well done you!!!!!!! :D
    I'll bet you feel really pleased with yourself.......that's a goal set and achieved.
    Love
    Hileena
  • GraceB
    GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
    Brilliant news Slosh. You've done fantastically well. Now get some rest and put your feet up. Mind you, I expect it won't be long before you'll be working on lesson plans for the next school year!

GraceB
    Turn a negative into a positive!
  • Megrose2
    Megrose2 Member Posts: 331
    Well done, Slosh. It's been a tough year for you, so now make sure you relax and make the most of the holidays.

Meg
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    I had a feeling you would and I am so pleased that you have. ((( ))) DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Slosh
    Thank you all.
    I've also done as much as I can in advance of next term, so that's even better.

I now know what to expect when I go back, good and bad, so I definitely plan to relax and enjoy myself.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,707
    I'm not surprised you made it, Slosh. Not that it wasn't an enormous achievement but you kept your eyes on the goal and were utterly determined. You may now give yourself a pat on the back - well, if only you could :wink: Enjoy the summer hols :deckchair:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Slosh you must be really proud of yourself..the journey has been long and still continuing..I just knew you would get there somehow... :D
    Love
    Barbara
  • Slosh
    Thank you. I will ask my middle grandson to supply the pat on the back when I see him on Tuesday.
    Julian of Norwich