Methotrexate and hot weather

Options
Dizzy
Dizzy Member Posts: 27
edited 20. Jul 2016, 11:47 in Living with Arthritis archive
I was just wondering if anyone who uses the metoject pens could help me.

With the increasing heat I was just wondering about keeping the pens at the right temperature. I keep them out of the fridge as my rheumy nurse told me and as I already store the enbrel there which takes up some space I'd rather not have to put the metoject pens in too.

Just wondered if anyone had any advice. Would a slightly cooled (just cooler than room temp) cool bag be ok for a short time that it's hot?

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    There's always something to think about with the meds, isn't there? My metoject is stored on a shelf in a built-in cupboard in the bedroom all year round, I've never had any trouble with it. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,713
    Options
    I don't use the pens but I know they should be stored below 25c. That's not usually a problem in this country but might be this week. I'd just be wondering if you have a part of your home that is always cooler than the rest. Or, maybe you could pop them in the fridge by day and take them out later. The weather won't last long.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    Options
    Oh dear, I never considered this. In previous hot years, I've left them in the same cupboard and haven't noticed anything untoward.