Occupational Health update

TheLordFlasheart
TheLordFlasheart Member Posts: 302
Bit of an update as to me been reffered to my works OH, aftert what seems like ages (and some feet dragging) my manager informed me that HR have finally decided to refer me to OH to see if anything can be done to minimise my OA at work.

Been an office worker, Im sitting at my desk for most of the day, so my knee can get stiff and ache, I try to move as much as I can but im hoping OH will put a plan in place to get me moving more, as now im taking phone calls from mortgage customers this is not always possible.

Also at my back to work meeting, my manager informed me that 2 more sick absence will trigger a disciplinary (5 sick abscence in a 12 month period trigger this, had 3 so far mainly do to my OA flare ups).

Will keep you updated on what OH say can/needs to be done.

Alastair
"Stoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast"

Comments

• Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    My last OH review came after I was told I had to agree to a target of 0 absences in the following 3 month period or I would move to stage I formal disciplinary. This was a formal meeting with our then school business manager, who was quite threatening in her manner, and a HR advisor from the LA I work for. I had gone prepared and argued my case.
    I got some advice from my union, and found some useful stuff on the ACAS website.
    OH recommended flexibility due to the nature of my problems and regular reviews.
    I now have a target of 5 days absence every three months which has worked well and which my GP sees as a very sensible response.

To give you an idea of what my formal meeting was like, I went in on two crutches which I always need and had a wrist splint on, again normal. I was asked if I had any proof that I was disabled!

I have always found OH very helpful.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Slosh wrote:
    To give you an idea of what my formal meeting was like, I went in on two crutches which I always need and had a wrist splint on, again normal. I was asked if I had any proof that I was disabled!

Slosh, we pay the price for those who turn up for these assessments with all sorts of mobility aids and are subsequently seen sprinting for buses.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright