New thing in the witches caldron now !!!!

Turbogran
Turbogran Member Posts: 2,023
edited 25. Jul 2016, 14:53 in Community Chit-chat archive
ok now we have another blip I have today been told by dr at walk I centre that I have Shingles my first concern was Mr Turbo's birthday meal in 2 weeks however the Dr has given me Antiviral medication and as there are only 3/4 blisters and they are dry and not weeping the antivirals should stop it spreading any further and that I should be ok for it. at the moment I am only contagious to children and pregnant women at the moment until the blisters crust over. which because I went to them within the first 48 hrs of noticing the rash that should happen in the next 5 days. so then there is also no problem with me being in contact with my pregnant granddaughter and great granddaughter who is only 4. so fingers crossed that these antivirals work or it could be a cancellation of the meal cos Mr Turbo says he don't want to go down there without me going . :roll: :roll:
Stay positive always👍xx

Comments

• theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Oh, shingles is horrible, Carol. I had a nasty dose two years ago on my sciatic nerve, & I still bear the scars.

I was given the anti-virals, which I had to take for three days. I had felt awful in the days leading up to the rash appearing.

Hope everything goes well & you can go ahead with Mr. Turbo' s celebration.
  • Turbogran
    thanks Theresak
    I have felt fine noticed a couple of spots on Friday night yesterday morning it had developed but had developed no more since then have started the Antivirals so fingers firmly crossed and playing the waiting game for the next couple of days with fingers firmly crossed.
    Stay positive always👍xx
  • Turbogran
    theresak
    did you say you were only given 3 days Dr has given them to me for 7 days and says after the 5 days it should be ok to come into close contact with pregnant women and kids as the blister should be crusted over so not contagious to them anymore. what antivirals did he give you. mine are Aciclovir .
    Stay positive always👍xx
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Any scabs chuck em in the cauldron,will ave a great brew this year.

Seriously must be very uncomfortable with this heat,hope you feel better soon. Mig
  • Turbogran
    Mig
    just a couple have spots have scab over so far so ill chuck the cauldron he he
    it is a bit uncomfortable cos it is on my back right where bra goes and round under me boob again where your bra is so in the warm weather it gets hot and itchy and sore by the end of the day
    only had the 1st couple of spots on Friday evening and it had spread further by saturday so went to walk I centre yesterday early so was on tablets in less than 48 hrs so Dr reckons a reasonably quick scab over will happen which I hope is correct cos of Mr Turbo's meal for his 70th on the 6th of August x
    Stay positive always👍xx
  • theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    I had a three day supply, - I'm not sure what they were called, but they were very big. We were in a fairly remote part of Scotland the time, & I didn't get the antivirals until the second day. I had to stop my RA meds too.
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Oh sorry to hear this Carol, and things were going much better for you..the only thing I know about shingles is the meds work very well if taken early on..I do hope they help, and you can enjoy the celebration meal..x
    Love
    Barbara
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    I hope the meds work well and quickly, Carol. Do you really need a bra if it's so uncomfy? I haven't worn one for years. (Not that anyone would notice :lol:)
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Turbogran
    thanks Theresak Barbara and Sticky

Theresak yes mine are very large but I have 7 days of them mine are called aciclovir iv'e not been told to stop any of my other meds though.

Barbara well I hope these work quickly as Mr Turbo don't want to cancel as we are booked into a hotel for 2 nights going down the day before and coming back the day after. he is talking about still going and I will stay home if necessary but I'm not keen on that cos I wont see him on his birthday and being his 70th I don't really fancy that. although if it has to be it has to be

Sticky yes unfortunately I find I am uncomfortable if I don't wear a bra wore one when I went out today {as dr says I only need to be careful about being in close contact with small kids or pregnant women until the blisters have scabbed over which he reckons will be 5 days} but I took it off when I came home.
    Stay positive always👍xx