POCKET DUTIES PLEASE

Options
hileena111
hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
edited 8. Aug 2016, 16:42 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi,
As many of you as possible ....will you squeeze into my pockets for Friday afternoon. :wink:
It's the dreaded day.....the results of my MRI's on both knees.
Normally things like that don't bother me too much but this time I've been in such agony for a few months now that I'm really looking forward to the results.
I'm in more agony than I was before either THR :shock:
As my daughter said to me...."hang on until Friday mam and if I know you once you get the results you'll be fine. You'll know what it is and be able to cope with it
Thanks in advance

Love

Hileena

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I wish you the best of luck and hope the MRI will show something that can be rectified not too painfully. New knees might be good, eh?

I will send positive vibes your way but, alas, can't be in your pocket as I have made other exciting arrangements – my last day at Headingley before we move to Scotland; with Mr SW and three good friends; in the Members' Lounge; great views; disabled loos; fantastic disabled viewing areas both inside and out; an addict's heaven .

I hope we both have good days.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • nearlybionic
    nearlybionic Member Posts: 1,899
    Options
    Hi
    I hope that you get results that mean they can help you with your pain. Thinking of you
    NB
  • theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    Options
    I'll be there Hileena - I hope it goes well for you and they find a way to help you.
  • Megrose2
    Megrose2 Member Posts: 331
    Options
    I'll be in your pocket, Hileena. I hope that they are able to do something to help with your pain. Take care.

Meg
  • GraceB
    GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
    Options
    Count me in Hileena. Hope you get some answers. Please let us know how you get on.

GraceB
    Turn a negative into a positive!
  • hileena111
    Options
    Hi Everyone

Firstly....Thanks Sharon.

Hi Sticky I hope you have a fantastic day.....Do you know I hve lost track of your move.....sometime when you have time bring me up to date please.......Thanks

Hi NB, I hope the results will be something that help my pain....Thanks.

Hi Tezz, Thanks for your message

Hi Meg, Thanks......I hope they can do something to ease the pain

Hi Grace.......I will post an update....don't worry :wink:

Someone said about new knees Was it you Sticky?
    At first when that thought crossed my mind I thought Oh No {After the results of the 2nd THR} but as time went on I've decided if that's what it takes fair enough......I'll have it. Hopefully not.

If once I know what the diagnosis is I'll manage it whereas now I'm up, I'm down, don't know whether I'm coming or going :lol:

Love
    Hileena
  • stickywicket
    Options
    Not long to wait now. Good luck with it.

(We are Sold STC and just waiting on our buyer's buyer.)
    Steven Wright
  • hileena111
    Options
    Hi Sticky
    You are right....not long now!!!!
    I hope things go well for you.....a chain is a horrible thing when you are selling

Love
    Hileena
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Will be thinking about you Hileena...fingers crossed ...xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    Options
    Hope it went well, H. I sneaked in!
  • hileena111
    Options
    Hi
    An update on my visit to the hospital re MRI results.
    Saw my usual consultant Mr Assad and he said the MRI confirmed I had OA in both knees. No surprise there :lol:

NB.....I've nearly caught up with you LOL 2 THR's and now OA in knees......no TKR's mentioned yet :lol:

I've got to go back next Friday so more pocket duties please.
    An aspiration on both knees. He wants to find out why they had to be drained and are now as big as they were before so what is causing it? He wants to check for infection {doesn't think it very likely as I would be sicker and no appetite} also checking for gout and a few other things. I mentioned I had gout a long time ago in one knee but couldn't remember which knee. I said it wasn't a permanent thing. I was on one crutch for a few months and then it seemed to disappear. He said no such thing as gout that is not permanent ......"once gout always gout" it could appear anywhere.
    He said "they'll hate me for this" :wink: but managed to get me into a clinic he has next Friday which is full but he says there wont be another one for ages.
    So that's about it

Love
    Hileena
  • Megrose2
    Megrose2 Member Posts: 331
    Options
    That sounds like a good appointment, Hileena and he seems very thorough. I'm pleased that he's got you into his clinic next week.

I'll be in your pocket next Friday. I hope things go well. Take care.

Meg
  • stickywicket
    Options
    My original knees invariably re-filled themselves once drained and no-one thought it remarkable (least of all me :lol: ) but maybe RA is different.

I hope you don't have gout and I wish you all the best for next Friday.
    Steven Wright
  • nearlybionic
    nearlybionic Member Posts: 1,899
    Options
    Hi
    Well looks like your consultant doesn`t like to wait about, which is good for you. I will be in your pocket on Friday, any snack requests?
    NB
  • hileena111
    Options
    Hi Meg and Sticky

Yes it was a good appointment and he is always very thorough.
    I don't know what I'll do when he retires......don't know when that will be but I would guess he's in his late 60's
    He always manage to get me quick appointments and gets to the bottom of things.
    Sticky. A friend of mine who ha had 2 replacements, and is a volunteer as well. She used to work in orthopaedics dept until she was retired on the sick {this was her back} She said to me when I had the first drainage did they know what it was? "What you want to know is what was it and will it return and if so why?"
    I hadn't thought about that either.
    I'll let you know when I find out :) If yours isn't bothering you I wouldn't bother it :D
    I've had a plate, pins and screws in my ankle where a car reversed, knocked me down and went over it, then drove over it.
    Its not bothering me so I don't bother it......that is about 7 years ago now and apart from getting arthritis in it that's all.
    They did suggest taking it out but said it could stay quite happile unless it got some infection in it
    :lol:
    Love
    Eileen
  • stickywicket
    Options
    If yours is a good hospital then when he retires you'll get another good man. Good hospitals attract the best. I've now seen two rheumatologists retire and one leave. They've all been good. In different ways.

As for my knees 'bothering me'. They haven't had fluid on them for 35 years. That's when I got my first TKRs. But I do remember the very large syringe fulls of fluid they used to take off – not with any great affection :wink:
    Steven Wright
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Options
    You can pop me in for Friday x
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • hileena111
    edited 7. Aug 2016, 12:00
    Options
    Hi NB
    Sorry you "snuck" in when I wasn't looking :lol: He is good nd wont let things wait. He wants to get to the bottom of everything as quickly as he can.
    Snacks......anything sweet and vegetarian :lol:

Love
    Hileena
  • hileena111
    Options
    Thanks Sticky
    That's comforting to know that you have seen off 3 Rheumatologists in your time :lol:
    Seriously it is comfort. I imagine him going and getting a horrible one.
    Oh well that's a long time since they were last drained so you're OK
    I don't think it did much good when he drained mine although there was a massive amount came out in the syringe
    Love
    Hileena
  • hileena111
    Options
    Hi everyone
    Thanks for the pocket duties last Friday and next, I will put another post in closer to the time

Love
    Hileena
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    Sorry I missed your last appointment, had a hell of a week (3 day migraine!) But will definitely be with you for this next one if you can squeeze me in your pocket. (())'s
  • hileena111
    Options
    Hi Bubba
    No problem, we all have our own difficulties and cant always be in pockets etc
    Yes you are welcome this Friday for the day surgery....Thanks for that

Love
    Hileena