Ankle fusion

Options
Sedwards
Sedwards Member Posts: 3
edited 13. Aug 2016, 04:37 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hello there .Several years ago I had one ankle fused. I am now waiting to have my other ankle fused. Is there anyone out there with a double ankle fusion?How did you get on post op and was it successful in that you can now walk without pain?
Best wishes Sedwards

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi and welcome to the forum,I've not had my ankles fused but I'm sure you'll get plenty of advice from our members
    Mod Al
  • trepolpen
    trepolpen Member Posts: 504
    Options
    Sedwards wrote:
    Hello there .Several years ago I had one ankle fused. I am now waiting to have my other ankle fused. Is there anyone out there with a double ankle fusion?How did you get on post op and was it successful in that you can now walk without pain?
    Best wishes Sedwards

Hi , had a triple fusion on right ankle in 2001 & left one done in 2009 , need Knee replacement at the moment & at some point needs both main ankle joints fused at some point

Did not have any problems having second ankle done , recovery was about 6 months in a air boot & would recommend having it done
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    Hi there. I've not had ankle surgery but I see trepolpen has been very helpful. I just wanted to welcome you to the forum :D
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Sedwards
    Sedwards Member Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi there. I've not had ankle surgery but I see trepolpen has been very helpful. I just wanted to welcome you to the forum :D
    Thanks sticky wicket.I am new to this.I look forward too hearing from more people
    Who can give me some info to think about
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    Here are some former threads on the topic

http://tinyurl.com/jogowxa
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • mermaid
    mermaid Member Posts: 104
    Options
    Hi, I had triple hindfoot fusion in 2002, right ankle fusion in 2005 and left ankle fusion in 2007, all successful and good pain relief. Both knees also replaced during those years which were very badly damaged and legs very wonky so surgeons were concerned about getting legs straighter as fused ankles would have made it impossible to walk. But they all did a great job and the improvement amazing - I'm so grateful. Recovery does take time each joint was different, but the outcome worth it in the end.

Lots of luck for yours, do hope it all goes well. x