Steroid injection update

Options
TheLordFlasheart
TheLordFlasheart Member Posts: 302
edited 18. Aug 2016, 11:45 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi all,

Finally got an appointment for my steroid injection, which is on the 16th (next tuesady). Turns out I missed my original app in May but was never informed about this by my GP surgery (they can be at time unreliable) - needless to say I will be bringing this up, as I could of avoided the last 3 months of pian and a couple of bad flare ups, which forced me off work for a few days.

Not sure how the injection will lessen my symptoms, but even a few months pain free will be a blessing.

Wish me luck!
"Stoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast"

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I hope it works for you (sometimes they do and sometimes they don't :wink: ). You may well feel somewhat better for a while but they mask the symptoms rather than dealing with the underlying cause but hey, a break is a break, yes? DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    Options
    wishing you lots of luck with these injections. It does seem to vary from person to person, so I hope it helps you.
    Best Wishes
    Sharon
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Wishing you lots of luck and really do hope it helps...
    Love
    Barbara
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    Me too :sunny:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    It is always frustrating to know that you have suffered longer than necessary although, as others have said, it can vary from person to person.
    For me steroid injections have been wonderful and I even lost my appetite, another blessing considering they usually do the opposite. I usually have them at the start of the Summer holidays to help make caring for the children a lot easier but they refused this year as my inflammation is fine! :?

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • TheLordFlasheart
    Options
    First of all, thanks for all the support.

Went for my injection on Tuesday at my local GP surgery, the GP did make me aware of the possible side effects, legnth of time it can last etc.

So far its been great, pain free two days and counting, I hope it can last atleast a few months, as latley my OH has been making me feel less energetic and tired due to lack of sleep, so a few months pain relif will hopefully get my back to my old self.

Im realistic that this is not a long term solution, but as im relativley young having OH this is my main long term option (baring form of surgey, ie anthroscopy).
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    There's nothing wrong with 'so far so good' and I hope it lasts. For clarification, did you mean OA when you put OH? On here OH stands either for other half or occupational health neither of which make sense in terms of your post. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • TheLordFlasheart
    Options
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    There's nothing wrong with 'so far so good' and I hope it lasts. For clarification, did you mean OA when you put OH? On here OH stands either for other half or occupational health neither of which make sense in terms of your post. DD

Whoops! Meant to type OA.

In the workds of Kryten "Well to coin the phrase, Whoops!"
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    :lol:

Whoops! Meant to type OA.

In the workds of Kryten "Well to coin the phrase, Whoops!"[/quote]

:lol:

Glad it is working. Usually it makes me hyper too. It can last for 6-8 weeks for me but then starts to wear off slowly.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein