Bent and painful finger

Options
valde
valde Member Posts: 271
edited 15. Aug 2016, 08:23 in Living with Arthritis archive
Morning everyone. Looking for advice again. I am now feeling better than I did. Hydroxy one a day seems to have got back into my system and mtx injection reduced to 15 so fingers crossed. Will see consultant on 25 August. Has anyone had or got bent finger. My middle finger in right hand has very quickly bent over and will not straighten and if I try it is too painful. It feels like the tendon is taught. Has anyone had an op to straighten or release the tendon. I realise that RA has probably damaged the joints but am hoping it can be made easier to manage with. Hope you all have a lovely day and it does not get too hot. I am going to see my grandchildren for a few days tomorrow and have not seen them since May so really looking forward to it. Thanks for reading and any ideas or advice would be welcome.

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I am pleased to read that you are feeling better in yourself, Valde, and I hope that continues. As for your finger have you heard the term 'trigger finger'? My Ma used to get this and she would force the finger back - I don't know whether she should have done or not but it would sort it out. I don't usually advocate researching the net but it may be worth your looking at some examples to see if they match what has happened to you. I don't think surgery will be necessary, I think it's just one of those things that happens because it can even to those without our troubles. I hope you are able to sort it out. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • valde
    valde Member Posts: 271
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Many thanks to all for advice and suggestions. I will be seeing consultant rheumatoid in 25 August. When I saw him a month ago he took X-rays of hands so I am hoping he can help after looking at these. At least I know from your answers what I. Might be looking at. It is very awkward being the middle finger on right hand and with the finger next to it going over to the small finger which also has a lump on the joint I am getting quite good at being left handed after 70 years of being right handed. Frustrating though and painful. Thanks again and I will let you know how I get on.