For Crying out Loud.

Options
dreamdaisy
dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
edited 22. Aug 2016, 16:26 in Community Chit-chat archive
According to the ads on Channel 5 their Christmas season officially starts on Sunday (which is bad enough) but, because they are so overcome with seasonal good will and happiness, their regular viewers are being rewarded today with a Christmas treat. I mean regular as in habitual, not as a measure of volume.

I know this because my arthritic fingers were bobbling around his late Ma's TV remote. Our telly went phut so he installed hers as a temporary stop-gap (that was around two months ago). This set pre-dates our deceased version by at least six years so the remote is the size of your average semi-detached. :wink: Various buttons are labelled but in small letters, in the equivalent of Tippex, so they too have worn away by clumsy fingers.

I wish UK-based Channel 5 viewers a very Happy Christmas! :cheers: DD
Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    DD they are bring Christmas forward more and more every year ..its such a shame ..it ruins it...hope you get your new TV soon..we bought a Sams*ng off John Le*is..and we are so pleased with it..the kind sales man warmed us off the 4K for now and he was right according to one of our friends that has one..now I'm rambling time to go.. :)
    Love
    Barbara
  • GraceB
    GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    DD, I only buy electrical items from the previously mentioned source as they give 2 years warranty on such goods as standard.

My local garden centre had Christmas Trees on display at the end of July. Ludicrous! I shuddered as I walked past these.

I've always thought the annual Christmas madness started far too early, but this year I'm desperately trying to find ways of avoiding all mention of it. I intend to stock up on DVD's to watch on 25th December as I certainly won't be celebrating this year, under the circumstances.

I'd like to wish you all a Happy, Prosperous and as healthy as possible 2017.

GraceB
    Turn a negative into a positive!