Results of scans and other tests

mig
mig Member Posts: 7,154
edited 1. Sep 2016, 09:36 in Community Chit-chat archive
So it turns out I have bronchiectasis which the letter states is almost certainly due to the RA.Im to have blood tests to check my immunity levels to some of the more common chest infections ! I already have the flu jab and had the pneumonia injection several years ago,can you be injected against more ?!The letter goes on to say that the mainstay of treatment is physio,I will be taught how to clear the phelm from my chest which to be honest I'm useless at and it sounds so disgusting,the physios run the bronchiectasis clinic so thats where I will be going ,just to wait for an app.If I do develop an infection (colour of phelm changes) it should be treated aggesively with a minimum 2 weeks of anti bios and to send a sample of spit off.I have a blood form which I will have done on tuesday when I see the HCA ,going to be interesting to find out what they make of my bloods.
RE HCA visit my health centre do a 6 month check on people with long term health conditions,anyone want to tag along will be welcome.
Anyone else have this condition would be pleased to hear from you.
Take care all Mig :cry: