OH update

Options
TheLordFlasheart
TheLordFlasheart Member Posts: 302
edited 3. Sep 2016, 08:29 in Living with Arthritis archive
Had an update on my OH refferal yesterday, and I have finally been referred to them.

Turns out my referral was put on hold due me having my steroid injection, as HR had decided the referral should be put on hold to see how I the injection would "improve" my situation.

Naturally I was annoyed at this, as I repeatedly told my TM the injection would only be for pain control and not main OA symptoms, like stiffness when sitting down etc.

So after completing my SECOND DSE form, the refferal has been put through, and am now expecting a call from OH to take things forward.

So you can imagine im a bit miffed over this, and I still have the threat of a disciplinary due to me having 5 sick absences, put this has been put on hold unitl OH report back.

Right now I need somewhere to vent my frustration.....
"Stoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast"

Comments

• Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    You have my sympathy as at the start of this year I was in the same position, with HR and my then (very unsympathetic ) school's business manager putting pressure on me. I had my supportive OH review in January but had the threat of formal disciplinary procedures starting hanging over me if I had any more time off until March when I finally had my review meeting, this time with the same HR officer but with our new school business manager who had taken the time to read my file and speak to the head.

In my experience HR are not that clued up when it comes to issues around disability and are very much driven by targets and rules . I was finding it hard to cope while waiting, but my GP said that although he would have normally offered to sign me off for a couple of weeks said that as HR were involved he wouldn't as that would play into their hands.

Are you a member of a union? I kept my union rep informed and got advice from him though didn't need to get him to attend any meetings. I also did some online research into disability leave and I remember finding a very useful document on the ACAS website, I no longer have the link, but it was useful as it was from a neutral organisation.

My issue was resolved successfully, I hope yours is too but I do feel for you as it was a horrible time.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • TheLordFlasheart
    TheLordFlasheart Member Posts: 302
    Options
    Slosh wrote:
    You have my sympathy as at the start of this year I was in the same position, with HR and my then (very unsympathetic ) school's business manager putting pressure on me. I had my supportive OH review in January but had the threat of formal disciplinary procedures starting hanging over me if I had any more time off until March when I finally had my review meeting, this time with the same HR officer but with our new school business manager who had taken the time to read my file and speak to the head.

In my experience HR are not that clued up when it comes to issues around disability and are very much driven by targets and rules . I was finding it hard to cope while waiting, but my GP said that although he would have normally offered to sign me off for a couple of weeks said that as HR were involved he wouldn't as that would play into their hands.

Are you a member of a union? I kept my union rep informed and got advice from him though didn't need to get him to attend any meetings. I also did some online research into disability leave and I remember finding a very useful document on the ACAS website, I no longer have the link, but it was useful as it was from a neutral organisation.

My issue was resolved successfully, I hope yours is too but I do feel for you as it was a horrible time.

Thanks for the support, keeps me going when I feel like im all alone.

Yes, im with UNITE, so if after OH come back and HR are still insistent on bringing a disciplinary I will be contacting them straight away.

Your right with the target culture of HR, and I do get the feeling they far from clued up.

Im going to wait for OH to contact me (should be next week), and take things from there, and will give UNITE a call later today for advice.
    "Stoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast"
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,716
    Options
    Glad you could trust us with the 'rant' :D The disease is bad enough without all the ought-to-be-minor-but-aren't irritations that it drags in its wake. I'm also glad that Slosh was able to be of far more help than I could be.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Options
    Glad to be of some help, I know when I was going through it all the support on here was invaluable
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich