Strictly !!!

Options
GraceB
GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
edited 4. Sep 2016, 08:44 in Community Chit-chat archive
It's back!

Looking forward to seeing the glamorous costumes and the inter-action between the celebrities, the professionals and the judges.

Especially looking forward to seeing how Judge Rinder gets on.

GraceB
Turn a negative into a positive!

Comments

• mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Sorry all those who like it but what utter dross turned it off after 10mins. Mig
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Options
    I'm with you GraceB, love it, so much better than Xfactor. Strictly and GBBO. I'm happy!
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    Options
    I don't normally watch it but wanted to see how Judge Rinder got on. What on earth was all the screaming about? It was as if they couldn't believe they were paired with such fantastic partners which suggested the others weren't much good. If that's what it's like, I doubt I'll be watching it again. I, like Mig, switched over.
    Christine
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    Do people not realise it's a con,a set up and for this we pay a license fee.
  • bubbles
    bubbles Member Posts: 6,508
    Options
    I used to enjoy it, but Bruno just got on our nerves to the nth degree, with his slightly dramatic showboating. The same for X factor, all the same, every year, all planned and sorted to suit the judges. Now I sound like a right grump. :?
    XX Aidan (still known as Bubbles).
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,713
    Options
    I caught a bit of it and found it ridiculous.

It's just a huge trailer, I guess, for the main event but I find I know fewer 'celebs' each year.

I'm really not into the serious stuff or the sequins but I'll probably watch while there are laughs to be had. I know it's 'Strictly Heresy' but, for me, John Sergeant was the best ever competitor.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    I very rarely watch it (Louis Smith was an exception) but this year I actually recognised most of the people involved. So I'm a little bit more interested this time so might have it on in the background (as it clashes with a radio show I listen to each week).

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein