MRI UPDATE

Options
hileena111
hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
edited 7. Sep 2016, 04:16 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi everyone
Thanks for your help.

Well it wasn't a very good MRI. All of them before have been on my back and hips, never on my head.

I lay down and had to lie flat which was impossible......I've got scoliosis and cannot lie flat. I need an extra pillow if I have an X Ray.!!!! I've also got arthritis in my back.
She got a tiny little pad to put under my head.....useless!
I told her I couldn't lie as flat as that. She found another small pad and told me I had to keep my chin tucked down?? I couldn't have ear defenders because of the shape I was! :roll:
By the time she had finished I was in agony. On my back staying still for so long. Also the shape she had my head/neck
Well hopefully that's it over and done with.
Love
Hileena

Comments

• Megrose2
    Megrose2 Member Posts: 331
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Oh Hileena, I'm sorry it was so uncomfortable. I hope you don't have to wait too long for the results. At least it's over now! Take care ((()))

Meg
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,716
    Options
    That wasn't good, was it? Our bodies are not built with these hard, unyielding things in mind. I wonder if it would be worth you contacting them to ask if more provision could be made in future for patients with scoliosis. They always have to 'pad' bits of me on the x-ray tables because they require 'flat' and I don't do flat :lol:

I hope the outcome is good.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    Options
    I'm glad it's over, hope that you soon start to feel more comfortable!

Deb x
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hileena is horrible when they trey an make you lie flat...its time they realized that some people just cant..I hope the results are good..x
    Love
    Barbara
  • nearlybionic
    nearlybionic Member Posts: 1,899
    Options
    Hi
    Well done on getting the ordeal over with. Hope you find out the results soon.x
    NB
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Hi all,
    Thanks for your comments. I do hope it turns out OK after what I went through.
    As you say Sticky...."I don't do flat" :lol:

I'm up this morning but not ready yet so its hard to tell. I think its a bit easier this morning. I'll know better in about an hours time . :roll:

Have you ever contacted them Sticky? I think its a good idea.

Next thing is Thursday. I have to go to get the results of my aspiration on my knees {tests that went to the Lab.} GP apt the following day and hopefully that's it for a while :roll:

Love
    Hileena
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,716
    Options
    hileena111 wrote:
    Have you ever contacted them Sticky? I think its a good idea.

I never have because, as I said, they've always 'padded me up' to the best of their ability. There's just no getting away from the fact that an x-ray table is, of necessity, rock hard and unyielding. I suggested it to you because you said they only had two tiny pads. Maybe that's all they can use round the head, though.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    I know how uncomfortable laying down on the bed for M.R.I & C.T scanners are! And what with the scans taking ages and not being able to move. The whole experience is horrible. So I feel for you Hileena.