RESULTS OF ASPIRATION ON KNEES

Options
hileena111
hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
edited 11. Sep 2016, 17:23 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi Everyone
Well......I arrived to see the consultant feeling very sore and getting sorer.

He said How are you? Told the truth :wink: Said I was very sore.
He then said Oh!! I've got the results back from the Lab and they are all clear. Nothing wrong at all.

After talking for a while he then said when did you last have your knees X Rayed? Answered his own question by looking it up and then said 4 months ago. That's not very long. I'll send you for another one anyway. So off I toddled to the X Ray dept, had both done and back to him.
He then said.......What have you done??? what do you mean?
Your knee has gone :D He then pulled up the X Ray from today and the one from 4 months ago side by side and said have a look. 4 months ago there were spaces between the bones now its bone on bone. It's no wonder you were so sore.
So.....Knee replacement coming up. The other one is nearly as bad but he hopes that if this one is done I'll not need the other one done or not for a long time.
NB.....I might be catching up with you.......nearly bionic :lol:
He said the date for the operation will be Feb next year.......then he said hang on. I'm going to twist a few arms. He is good at getting things done.
He tapped on the keyboard for a while then said "what about the 18th November this year" Will that do? So that's it. Just have to wait for a letter for my pre-assess then the physiotherapist one ....wonder what it will be this time :lol:
First THR was good leg goes to heaven and bad goes to hell
2nd THR was GBS.......George Bernard Shaw, Good, Bad and Stick. so don't know what it will be this time :lol:
Love
Hileena

Comments

• mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Blinking Eck,crikey and all the words I'm not allowed to say,quick in it happening and quick to getting it sorted good luck with it. Mig
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Options
    So good that he was thorough and sent you for that x-ray. I hope it goes well for you, and pleased he was able to get you in sooner rather than later.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • Megrose2
    Megrose2 Member Posts: 331
    Options
    Really good that he was able to organise the op so quickly, Hlleena. I hope all goes well. Take care.

Meg
  • hileena111
    Options
    Hi
    Yes it was great that he managed it so quickly. It was going to be 6 months and although 3 months is long when you are in pain it a lot better that 6 :lol:

As usual when one thing goes it affects another. My back is really sore and I'm finding it hard to cope with that. Once again hopefully when the knee is done it will help the back

Love
    Hileena
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,712
    Options
    Excellent news. Only 2 months to go :D
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    Options
    Glad you have some light at the end of your tunnel. xx
  • hileena111
    Options
    Hi
    Well, It was a shock when I saw the 2 X Rays side by side with just 4 months difference between them
    The fact that I was first diagnosed with arthritis wasn't a surprise but this replacement was a surprise
    You are right....it's not long although it will seem long to me :wink: Especially the last few weeks. But not as long as it could have been. So I'll be shouting again for pocket duties :lol:

Love
    Hileena
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,419
    Options
    I think maybe NNN (nice new nee - poetic licence??)???

Seriously I am not at all surprised at how much pain you have been in Hileena I have just read through all you've been up to.

Sending you ((())) Lucy has her core decompression on her hip Weds next week if all goes well. Hopefully it will as sadly she had a tonic clonic on 20th July yah boo :(

Will be with you on 17th November

Love

Toni xxx
  • nearlybionic
    nearlybionic Member Posts: 1,899
    Options
    Hi Hileena
    Wow! Good job he did the repeat x ray! I am glad you have a date to work towards but like you say any wait is a pain, literally.
    You can be my NB buddy!
    Take care
    NB
  • hileena111
    Options
    Hi All
    Toni,
    Thanks for being with me. Have I missed your posts recently ? Haven't seen much from you?? What is a core decompression on Lucy's hips? What a pity that she had a tonic clonic. Is that the only one she has had recently? Praying for you.

NB.....I keep thinking that.....how good it is that he did the X Ray. He couldn't understand why I was so sore and he had the tests in front of him and they were clear. Got to admit I hoped he would find something {nothing serious just something I could manage...and know what it was} Certainly didn't expect this!!! I knew I had arthritis but that was all.
    I'll be your buddy LOL Although I'm sure you've had more replacements me
    Love
    Hileena
  • rayray
    rayray Member Posts: 115
    Options
    Sorry to hear you need a knee replacement but pleased that it is an answer and in a few months you will feel so much better.
  • hileena111
    Options
    Hi
    That's the way I feel as well.
    When I went in so very sore and he told me there was nothing wrong I was so disappointed because I hoped they would find something that I could cope with
    Then when they found this bone on bone......its agony......but at least its something for them to work on and I have a date for a replacement

Love
    Hileena
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,419
    Options
    Thanks Hileena :) All was well sadly ,that seizure was after over a year without - she was just about to learn to drive :(

I think - as far as your knee goes that I am very glad he found it - he clearly knew something was badly wrong.

Now just needs to get replaced :) and you do have a plan :)

Love and ((()))

Toni xxx