How to inject two meds a week

valde
valde Member Posts: 271
edited 19. Sep 2016, 08:02 in Living with Arthritis archive
Am starting this regime next week. Any advice would be very welcome. Many thanks

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Oooh Valde!

s050.gif

I don't know the answer, but reckon you will have to have a good memory so you can swap areas and 'rest' them enough??

Left leg (or left side of tummy) for one medication and right for the other??

Sending ((()))

Toni xxx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    I'm not entirely sure what you are asking, Valde. I do my methotrexate on a weekly basis, usually on a Thursday. My humira is fortnightly so I usually do that on a Monday so the two are separated. For the meth I alternate thighs, for the humira stomach and I note what's going where on the kitchen calendar. I hope this helps. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • valde
    valde Member Posts: 271
    Good evening
    Sorry I was a bit confusing. I was asking how people manage the two injections but now realise they should not be taken on same day. I have spoken to the health people who are delivering my Enbrel to home and they said this as did my Rheumy nurse. I am taking my first Enbrel on Monday at injection training and taking methotrexate injection on Wednesday. Fingers crossed I will feel OK with the Enbrel. Thanks for all advice.
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Ah!

Best of luck for tomorrow Valde ((()))

Toni xxx
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Good luck from me too, valde.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    I wish you very well, Valde. It is a daunting prospect so keep a clear, written record of what's done where and when. When I begin a month on the calendar I fill in the relevant info for that month: which drug and which place. As the month passes I tick when done but, should I miss a dose for whatever reason, I note that too.

When it's 'flu jab time I ensure I have that on just a meth week and I don't take the meth (that was on the advice of my hospital) so that's another thing to build in to the programme. The fun never ends. :wink: DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben