Silly o'clock !!!! ...............

Turbogran
Turbogran Member Posts: 2,023
edited 24. Sep 2016, 04:28 in Community Chit-chat archive
up at stupid o'clock this morning after about 4 hrs sleep. wish my brain would learn to switch off sometimes. need to keep myself busy today so that i'm very tired tonight me thinks :roll:
Stay positive always👍xx

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    It happens to us all at times, Carol. Have you something on your mind that makes switching off difficult or is it just one of those things?

My solution, for me, would be a very brief nod off in the chair after lunch to ensure I keep going for the rest of a normal day. Then a cuppa and book at bedtime. (Not Dracula though :wink: )

I hope tonight is better.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    I can have these nights when I yield to the temptation for a cuppa before bed. I accidentally bought some decaffeinated tea and that has solved the problem. I hope you have a better night tonight. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    Hi Turbogran
    there is nothing worse than being awake in the middle of the night. I found this article on improving your sleep that might help. http://www.inspirearthritiscare.org.uk/features/6-tips-to-improve-your-sleep
    I also find that listening to the radio with earplugs in so as not to wake the OH helps me to stop overthinking so I drift back off to sleep. Fingers crossed you get a better night
    Best Wishes
    Sharon
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Carol its rotten when you awake in the early hours..I am another im afraid, and have tried everything..I even have my relaxation disc..I hope tonight is a better one for you..Sharon thankyou for the link I will go and have a look...x
    Love
    Barbara
  • stickywicket
    moderator wrote:
    I also find that listening to the radio with earplugs in so as not to wake the OH helps me

I was puzzling how you could do that :roll: Maybe all this removing stuff is getting to me :oops:

Re the tea - after 8pm I only drink Redbush - caffeine free and less than half the tannins of regular tea.
    Steven Wright
  • stickywicket
    How was last night, Carol? Any better?
    Steven Wright
  • Turbogran
    Turbogran Member Posts: 2,023
    Hi Sticky
    All was ok for the last 2 nights i'm lucky I suppose it only happens every now and then :wink:
    Stay positive always👍xx
  • stickywicket
    Good :D
    Steven Wright