Hi, Welcome!

The community is a safe space for people living with and connected to arthritis to ask questions and share experiences. Get started by registering here and posting your first comment or question!

Sign In with a Versus Arthritis account

Help us improve our website, chatbot and online community
We’d love your help to improve our digital services. It’s important to us that our website, chatbot and online community continue to support and provide information people with arthritis in the right way. We’re excited to be doing research to understand more about what’s working for you and what’s not so we can continue to improve what we’re doing.
You don’t need to be familiar with our digital services or a digital native to take part. The research will take one hour and will be run by a research consultancy SnapOut. Simply fill in the survey below to get involved. Together, we can continue to do more for people living with arthritis.

Fill in this survey to take part

Blue Badge holders – must see

stickywicketstickywicket Posts: 25,968 ✭✭
edited 30. Sep 2016, 02:29 in Living with Arthritis archive
This is for everyone who has ever been unable to park because non-disabled drivers have taken all the BB spaces. It's brilliant.
“There is always a well-known solution to every human problem - neat, plausible, and wrong.” H.L. Mencken

Comments

• theresaktheresak Posts: 1,998
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Yes, I've seen that before, Sticky - brilliant.

On one of our trips to France we took a photo of a blue badge space in the Lot valley - the French sign translated as " if you want this place, please take my disability.' We've always found the French to be far more respectful of disability, especially on buses & Metros.
  • barbara12barbara12 Posts: 20,774
    :lol::lol: he didnt look very happy bless him..what I want to know is how long did it take to cover the car :o ....brilliant
    Love
    Barbara
  • dreamdaisydreamdaisy Posts: 31,567 ✭✭✭
    Oh sticky, you and me might fall out but I hope not. Yes, it's amusing and entertaining but some aspects feel somewhat staged. I'm still trying to pluck up the courage to flatten a tyre or two but, because the car might belong to nonaproxin, I haven't. Not yet. :wink: DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • frogmortonfrogmorton Posts: 25,580 ✭✭✭
    I saw it too and today wanted to stick a load of stickers (post-its?) on the car parked in the only blue badge space when I was taking Lucy to the dentist :roll:
    Love

Toni xxx
  • appleroseapplerose Posts: 3,619
    I wonder if he should have been charged with littering and driving without being able to see out of the windows. :lol:
    Christine
  • GraceBGraceB Posts: 1,598
    To be honest in my view it's about time some of these thoughtless people got their come-uppance.

I sometimes think that people who don't have a Blue Badge (because they don't need one) are envious of those of us who have them. Speaking for myself, I'd much rather not have a BB and be able to use a "normal" parking space and have a lovely long walk. I can't though - and for me the BB is a vital part of my life and it's not something I "enjoy" using. I use it because I have to - not because I want to.

If this video makes even one or two people think before using a BB space when they shouldn't, then this can only be a positive outcome in my eyes.

GraceB
    Turn a negative into a positive!
  • dreamdaisydreamdaisy Posts: 31,567 ✭✭✭
    I've lost count of the number of times I've been told I am lucky to have a BB. If it's an elderly person who has said it then I agree but if it's a younger one I say 'Ya think? Would you like to have what I have so you can have one?' My BB is not a bonus or a reward for good behaviour, it's a necessity because I need the extra room to unload my various walking aids. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben