Blue Badge holders – must see

stickywicket
stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
edited 30. Sep 2016, 02:29 in Living with Arthritis archive
This is for everyone who has ever been unable to park because non-disabled drivers have taken all the BB spaces. It's brilliant.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7fWYxRq34g
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
Steven Wright

Comments

• theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Yes, I've seen that before, Sticky - brilliant.

On one of our trips to France we took a photo of a blue badge space in the Lot valley - the French sign translated as " if you want this place, please take my disability.' We've always found the French to be far more respectful of disability, especially on buses & Metros.
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    :lol::lol: he didnt look very happy bless him..what I want to know is how long did it take to cover the car :o ....brilliant
    Love
    Barbara
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Oh sticky, you and me might fall out but I hope not. Yes, it's amusing and entertaining but some aspects feel somewhat staged. I'm still trying to pluck up the courage to flatten a tyre or two but, because the car might belong to nonaproxin, I haven't. Not yet. :wink: DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    I saw it too and today wanted to stick a load of stickers (post-its?) on the car parked in the only blue badge space when I was taking Lucy to the dentist :roll:
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    I wonder if he should have been charged with littering and driving without being able to see out of the windows. :lol:
    Christine
  • GraceB
    GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
    To be honest in my view it's about time some of these thoughtless people got their come-uppance.

I sometimes think that people who don't have a Blue Badge (because they don't need one) are envious of those of us who have them. Speaking for myself, I'd much rather not have a BB and be able to use a "normal" parking space and have a lovely long walk. I can't though - and for me the BB is a vital part of my life and it's not something I "enjoy" using. I use it because I have to - not because I want to.

If this video makes even one or two people think before using a BB space when they shouldn't, then this can only be a positive outcome in my eyes.

GraceB
    Turn a negative into a positive!
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    I've lost count of the number of times I've been told I am lucky to have a BB. If it's an elderly person who has said it then I agree but if it's a younger one I say 'Ya think? Would you like to have what I have so you can have one?' My BB is not a bonus or a reward for good behaviour, it's a necessity because I need the extra room to unload my various walking aids. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben