Birthday notifications

Options
mig
mig Member Posts: 7,154
edited 5. Oct 2016, 11:11 in Community Chit-chat archive
Dear mods is it not possible to have birthdays at the top of the main pages as they get missed when it is at the bottom.Mig

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Mig I have said this time and time again ..i hope the mods can make them stand out ..
    Love
    Barbara
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    It is a personal touch by AC (yup, I only belong to one forum so what o I know?) and I check for notifications but so many belong to those who have never contributed apart from joining or are long-gone (for whatever reason). I should care when strangers were born because . . . . ? An example from today:

Happy Birthday Puschinka. :D

DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    To be fair AC can only notify us of the birthdays of those who notified them of their birthdays. (Still with me?) I think we would have cause for complaint if the Mods / webmanager edited out those they felt had probably 'lapsed' from the forum. As it is, their names are there but none of us is obliged to respond to them if we feel there's no point,

As for the original question – this has come up before but I can't remember the reasons given for maintaining the status quo. Personally, it doesn't bother me where they are. If I'm on Chit Chat I usually look. If not, I don't. It's nice to wish people a Happy Birthday but I doubt anyone would take offence if no-one did. Especially if they hadn't been around for some time.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    It is a personal touch by AC (yup, I only belong to one forum so what o I know?) and I check for notifications but so many belong to those who have never contributed apart from joining or are long-gone (for whatever reason). I should care when strangers were born because . . . . ?

I think we can decipher the ones that come on regular or even the ones that did and have gone missing..I am sure some look in on there Birthday, and you never know how they are suffering..
    SW I know you usually look at them..but most days I forget my name never mind looking at the bottom of the forum :lol: ..at the top in darker font would be good..
    Love
    Barbara
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,447
    Options
    Well-put Barbara!!

If I post a birthday thread I make sure I 'know' who the person is and that they have posted in the last year!!

I'm not sure whether 'they' could actually move the notification to the top????

Love

Toni xxx