If possible can I please have some ...

GraceB
GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
edited 8. Oct 2016, 03:07 in Living with Arthritis archive
... pocket dwellers Friday afternoon?

I have my clinic appointment to see Ortho Cons about my left knee and getting onto the list for a TKR. My appointment is 2.10pm so that should give everyone time enough to have an early lunch I hope.

Thanks.

GraceB
Turn a negative into a positive!

Comments

• Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    I will be there, of course. I did lots of baking at the weekend and there's plenty left over, so I'll bring the dessert. Hope it goes well.
  • bubbles
    bubbles Member Posts: 6,508
    Friday afternoon it is, scones will be packed ready xx
    XX Aidan (still known as Bubbles).
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    Best of luck Grace

Moderators duly in your pocket for Friday.

I hope all goes well.

Ellen.
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,764
    I send my very best wishes and hopes, Grace. You wouldn't want me in your pocket as I'd feel obliged to bring at least one banana box to pack :roll: But I do hope it all goes to plan. Your plan.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Count me in Grace..and I really do wish you well with it all..x
    Love
    Barbara
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    I have non contact time on Friday afternoon so you can pop me in.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • Megrose2
    Megrose2 Member Posts: 331
    I'll be there, Grace. I do hope that everything goes well for you.

Meg
  • GraceB
    Thank you so much. Looks like it could be a little "cosy" in my pockets but we are heading to the winter so we can all keep warm together. :lol:

Think with all that baking we'll need some tea to wash it down with. Now, where did I put those tea bags?

I'll let you all know how I get on.

Thanks again.
    GraceB
  • prefabkid47
    prefabkid47 Member Posts: 1,316
    Hi Grace
    Will be there for you Friday!Will be just down the road from you that day so will bring a drop of something a little stronger in case we run out of tea........... :)
    Ron
    ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy''. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    I'll be there, I hope all goes well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Of course will be with you in pocket Grace, hope it goes well and you get on the list! Need some scones and cream to go with the tea!!
  • slomo
    slomo Member Posts: 180
    Hi Grace, is there room for a little one to squeeze in? Count me in too ( although I might not be a little one after all these snacks!).
    Wishing you all the best on the day.
  • GraceB
    All are welcome. Sounds like we are going to have a right old feast in the clinic area. Question is, do we have our "healthy snacks" before or after my appointment? :lol:

GraceB
  • GraceB
    Thanks to everyone who came along for the trip. Apologies there was so much sitting about! Unfortunately the volunteer receptionist for the clinic didn't book me in although she took my letter. :!: Luckily I checked what was going on after my appointment time had come and gone.

Then of course, there was a wait for x-rays as the last ones they'd got for my knee were 3 years old.

I'm on the list for a TKR on my left knee. I'm not quite bone on bone but the gap has narrowed considerably. The fact I had the arthroscopy done on this back in 2014 helped with this decision, as did the fact I've tried physio this year which didn't work and of course I've lost some weight. The pain I get and the fact this wakes me at night also was taken into consideration when discussing options with the Registrar.

I now wait to hear from the hospital but suspect I won't hear much until December for a January date at the earliest. I was asked "who do you live with?". I replied - truthfully - that I now live alone and this was recorded on my notes. I assume this was to assess how many days they'll need to keep me in?

Thanks again to everyone who came along for the ride.

GraceB
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    I am so pleased you are on the list, being fully bone-on-bone is not the nicest thing in the world, believe you me! :wink: January is not that far away so I hope you soon get a date - the sooner it's done the sooner you're recuperating and the sooner the quality of life will improve - all good things methinks. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben