hornby Member Posts: 8
edited 6. Oct 2016, 09:50 in Living with Arthritis archive
Well ???????

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,764
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    No.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    no
  • Megrose2
    Megrose2 Member Posts: 331
    No.
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Yes - for the manufacturers and sellers!
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    They do for those who don't have arthritis.

I apologise if we seem negative about the drug-free 'alternatives' to what ails thee but, if this and the other nonsense oft-peddled in the latter pages of the Saturday and Sunday papers worked, this forum would not exist. Yet here we are - and not for the want of trying to be better. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    What about a combination of copper and tripe with some magnets thrown in for good measure?
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,870
    Hornby

I think they probably don't and give some people green arms too :)

http://www.nhs.uk/news/2009/10October/Pages/Copper-bracelets-and-arthritis.aspx

BUT......they aren't too expensive....some swear by them.....so if you can afford it and if they help you go for it :)

Love

Toni xxx
  • hornby
    hornby Member Posts: 8
    To be honest I am going to give it a go. I have ordered one with magnets for £3. Probably won't work, but for £3 it won't hurt either. I suppose if it has worked for anyone they wouldn't be on this forum, so even asking the question could be considered daft.
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Just incase you wondered what the reference to"tripe" was all about we are nutters on here.
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,764
    ARUK's comprehensive guide to complementary therapies.
    http://tinyurl.com/zlbxqxy
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    There's no harm in trying - seeing as how your toe is affected maybe copper insoles may be worth a shot too as that's closer to the affected joint. You are not the first on here in being newly-diagnosed and looking for drug-free alternatives and you definitely won't be the last. Pain makes us feel fragile, fearful and vulnerable so we are natural targets for those who target the worried well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Hi Hornby

Copper bracelets do not appear to work for the majority of arthritis sufferers nor sufferers of RLS (restless leg syndrome).

You may like to glance through this link:

https://www.asa.org.uk/Rulings/Adjudications/2015/2/Halcyon-Bracelets/SHP_ADJ_279436.aspx#.V_ZXE0sVDGj

I understand you can return these bracelets within a certain period if they do not work and get your money back.

Elna
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.