For SW.

Options
theresak
theresak Member Posts: 1,998
edited 13. Oct 2016, 11:29 in Community Chit-chat archive
I hope your moving house day goes well, & wish you and Mr. SW every happiness in your new home. Good luck!

Tezz x

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Oh I didn't know today was the day..
    Very best wishes for your move and I hope it goes really smoothly..and you can soon relax with a glass of wine..x
    Love
    Barbara
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I too send good wishes - I know from my moving experience in late 2013 that this is not an easy time but, if anyone can cope, Sticky can.

Good luck my lovely, I hope all goes as well as it can. ((( ))) xxx DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Megrose2
    Megrose2 Member Posts: 331
    Options
    Best wishes to you both and I hope that everything has gone smoothly today.

Meg
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,714
    Options
    Thank you very much Tezz and everyone.

The lovely men picked up the furniture today leaving us with the bed, 2 chairs and the TV. Tomorrow morning they'll return for these and we'll all head up to Scotland. I am shattered but it's going well.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • GraceB
    GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
    Options
    Sticky. Just wanted to add my best wishes for a smooth and happy move to the other messages.

I can picture you now. Sitting in an empty lounge with the TV on, not a picture on the walls and every room echoing. I always think that when moving home, once the pictures come off the walls it stops being a "home" to all intents and purposes and goes back to being a house/bungalow/flat.

Hope you get to Scotland without having overdone it.

Take care of yourself.
    GraceB
    Turn a negative into a positive!
  • daffy2
    daffy2 Member Posts: 1,636
    Options
    Happy landings Sticky - hope the weather is kind for you, and you don't have rain to contend with.
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Hello my lovely, I hope things are going as smoothly as possible and that when you arrive in the Land of the Kilt the first thing to be assembled is your bed and the first thing to be switched on is the kettle. ((( ))) xxx DD
  • barbara12
    Options
    SW I hope its has all gone to plan...and you are now sat in your favorite chair :) in Scotland of course... :lol: xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    I've heard from her; they arrived safe and sound, the bed is ready (which is very tempting!) and all is well. I'm not sure when her broadband service will begin - and neither is she. :wink: DD
  • barbara12
    Options
    Thanks for letting us know DD...
    Love
    Barbara
  • theresak
    Options
    Hoots mon, Sticky!!
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    Options
    Hope the move went smoothly and to plan Sticky. Best wishes to you and OH.

Thanks for letting us know they arrived safely DD.
    Christine
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,714
    Options
    Thank you everyone. You are all very kimd and thoughtful and that makes everything go better.

We have been very lucky. We had lovely removal men (the cheapest quote) and an early introduction from new neighbours who, thoughtfully, came and went quickly. Our son brought us a takeaway last night and today, our grandson's birthday, we went for lunch at the local. He made our bed up for us last night and got the TV going today. When he returned later I couldn't believe I could het so excited about a second hand washing up bowl which our dil had kindly sent knowing I was unable to get the plug in tje sink or take it out.

We have emptied more boxes today and found more temporary solutions. I have realised that, being used to problem solving when visiting friends' and family's inaccessible homes, has helped to make all this easier. Tomorrow I shall sort the bath lift, loo seat and curtains.

I'm on the laptop until the computer is properly sorted so I shall be largely absent for some time yet but thank you all. Things are looking good here.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • theresak
    Options
    Lovely to hear from you, Sticky, up in Bonny Scotland. The autumn colours will be so beautiful up there.

Good luck with tomorrow's tasks.

Tezz x
  • bubbles
    bubbles Member Posts: 6,508
    Options
    Hang on, I am coming with you. I remember saying I would be packed and ready to head north. :)
    Hope everything goes well, with the minimal of disruption to mind and body XX Aidan
    XX Aidan (still known as Bubbles).
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,427
    Options
    Great to hear you are there safe and well.

Take it steady now and remember - Rome wasn't built in a day.

Although from the list you have planned for today I think you have your priorities right.

Thinking of you

Love

Toni xxx
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,932
    Options
    Hello Sticky and Mr Sticky
    I hope you enjoy your lovely home is it a bungalow or house.
    I hope all the moving about has not caused you more pain. but it will be worth it.
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • barbara12
    Options
    Thats such good news SW..not an easy thing you have done ..but somehow I knew it would go smoothly...or has smooths has possible...onward and upwards..good luck with it all...
    Love
    Barbara