Boudy is Officially Mine!

Options
dreamdaisy
dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
edited 14. Oct 2016, 10:39 in Living with Arthritis archive
I am the official registered keeper of my machine, today I received my logbook from Swansea for Boudy, together with the notification of my number plate. There is no legal requirement for me to have them made up (as there is no legal requirement for me to have insurance) but when I sort out my insurance (and I will, to me it's the right thing to do) I have to pass these details on to the insurer.

The number plate begins with a Q - I always associated that with kit cars which she decidedly isn't! DD
Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben

Comments

• theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Congratulations on becoming the proud owner of Boudy! Have scooter, will travel!
  • daffy2
    daffy2 Member Posts: 1,636
    Options
    Congratulations DD, and may you both have fun in your travels.
    The Q I seem to remember is also for vehicles that have been modified/rebuilt(years ago a couple of chaps in the local Land Rover club had Q registrations) or those that don't fit any other existing group.
    I suppose any car could be regarded as a kit car - it's made from a kit of parts after all...but admittedly a Ford Fiasco isn't quite the same as a Caterham 7
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Oh Daffy, imagine having a Caterham . . . . I suppose I could soup Boudy up . . . . no harm in dreaming! I will do my best not to use her on the road but there are some old pavements around here which are narrow and then narrowed further by lamp-posts which either means using the road or going another way to my destination.

I fully intend getting out and about, theresak, that's why I bought her but further works on No.10 are beginning today and I'm not sure if there will be enough room to get her past the skip (which is due to arrive any time now).

Rather touchingly the three last letters of her number plate start with A and B - the initials of my parents. I reckon Pa would have been intrigued and busting to have a go whilst Ma would be saying it would be better in silver. :wink: DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • daffy2
    daffy2 Member Posts: 1,636
    Options
    It's all relative DD. All other things being equal the less weight the faster it goes(hence Caterhams don't need big engines), and being closer to the ground and more exposed to the environment can add to the excitement. We have an old Tramper 'all terrain buggy' at work, and some of my male colleagues like turning up the speed dial and hurtling round the site when they need to move it - can do an impressive spray of gravel when turned sharp enough, and can be entertaining if they come across random humans in the way as it doesn't slow down on the handle, which is purely a stop/go control.....