January holiday off! (not our fault this time!!)

Options
bubbadog
bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
edited 15. Oct 2016, 05:52 in Living with Arthritis archive
Had a phone call Monday morning from our Travel Agent to say she had just had a call from the Melia Group (Company who are building the hotel we are booked to stay in January) saying they are now not going to be offering Disability rooms and there will also not offering rooms that have walk in showers and no wet rooms. They will only be offering showers over baths! Which my travel agent knew wasn't any good to me. She had already looked before phoning me where we stood getting a refund and because this wasn't our doing we could get a full refund on the holiday.
We are both really upset and really angry as we where both looking forward to staying at the hotel because it looked amazing although it hasn't opened yet (opening next month). But angry because we don't understand why they didn't let us know sooner about this change as it's left us with no winter holiday and a very short time to find something else with what we need.
In a way it means we can find something later in the month so I have longer to recover from operation. But still we are very disappointed. :x

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,485
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    What a shame for you :( I am sorry Bubba :(

All I can say is I am glad you at least knew before you arrived.

Also as you said more time for you to recover and I really hope you find something BETTER!!

Love

Toni xxx
  • nearlybionic
    nearlybionic Member Posts: 1,899
    Options
    HI
    How disappointing for you, but I am sure you are glad you found out before you got there. Try not to let it spoil your anticipation of your holiday and I hope you find something fantastic that suits your needs
    NB
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    I spoke to the boss of the travel agent after getting a message from a lady who is running a Facebook on the hotel saying they do disabled rooms. He confirmed she was right and apologised for being mislead by the lady travel agent. So now we are looking at other dates to go to this hotel as we have both fallen in love with the Island of Cape Verde and this hotel. Fingers crossed we can still get a room at a later date which is also good because I have longer to recover from operation. :cheers: