One of those days !!!

Turbogran
Turbogran Member Posts: 2,023
edited 14. Oct 2016, 15:50 in Community Chit-chat archive
Feeling really fed up and bored today no motivation to do anything have been like this a few days now everything seems to be too much bother, then I get annoyed with myself for feeling like it. only trouble is I then find myself getting snappy for the slightest reason sorry all for that moan but just needed to write it down and this is the only place I can do it and know people will understand what I am saying. cos you are such a lovely caring group of people. :(
Hope you are all as well as can be expected.
Stay positive always👍xx

Comments

• theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    That could have been me writing that post many times over the years!

I think we all have these ' dips,' but you shouldn't feel guilty about it. Sometimes we just want to curl up in a corner somewhere & hide away from the world.

Be kind to yourself & feel better soon.

Tezz x
  • Turbogran
    Thank you Tezz
    you are probably right I think its because for the last 13 months I seem to have suffered all sorts of health problems and more pain than usual and I think its all got on top of me. and unfortunately my close family are all living in Kent I only have one daughter we only have one daughter who lives not far away but she has also been having many problems so is more wrapped up in herself to bother about anyone else. and of course mr turbo who don't suffer the pain and stiffness continuously just dose not understand how constant pain affects you and thinks i'm just moaning and nagging typical man.:roll: :roll:
    Stay positive always👍xx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hello Carol I have just been saying in the Cafe that I cant get going..and a couple of others have said the same..I do love sunny autumn days but dreading the dark nights of winter..think we need one of those sad lamps..hope you can get motivated very soon and yes its good to talk about things..x
    Love
    Barbara
  • Turbogran
    Thank you Barbara x
    I think its all the things that I've gone through since I ended up in hospital September 2015 with an infected bursa on my elbow since then its been one thing after another with health and pain the last being in at the very end of July when I had shingles and am still suffering slight nerve pain from that and still have very faint marks where the rash was it just seems never ending. you feel good for a couple of weeks then bang its something else goes wrong :roll: it just all gets on top of you sometimes. :)
    Stay positive always👍xx
  • TheLordFlasheart
    TheLordFlasheart Member Posts: 302
    I have to admit I too feel like this at times, so dont feel guilty about it. Im finding living with arthirits can be challenging, and I feel like I want to go hide from the world.

Were all here to support each other.

Alastair
    "Stoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast"
  • theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    Carol, I noticed what you said about lingering shingles pain. I had shingles very badly on my sciatic nerve in April 2014. I still have some marks, & occasionally some discomfort, which my GP said is PHN ( Post herpetic neuralgia.) He prescribed amitriptyline, which did help - it might be worth mentioning it to your GP.

Tezz x
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,336
    Aw Carol :(

I am so sorry you poor thing. I can remember you having a lot thrown at you in the last year or so myself so I'm not surprised you feel a bit rubbish from time to time.

Sometimes it does us good to let it all out to those who understand. Namely us lot :D Kids and partners don't always understand or have the tolerance when we don't 'get better' like they do with their ailments. Is it harder I wonder when husbands have retired and are there all the time so you can't have an off day without someone knowing?

If I have a day (or more) like this I definitely don't feel guilty about it and try to almost spoil myself with any little thing that makes me feel better/comforted. An extra long hot shower or some chocolate, a natter with my sister on the phone.

One last point - you have been a role model for many on here with your determined weight loss and to those losing weight now (two Graces and others) because you have kept it off.

Take care Carol

love and ((())) and some flowers t4450.gif

Toni xxx
  • daffy2
    daffy2 Member Posts: 1,636
    It's a real downer when that happens isn't it Carol? Don't know about you but sometimes I find that 'can't summon the motivation' mood almost more difficult to deal with than being flattened by fatigue or limited by pain. It becomes a vicious circle of knowing there are things you could do so it's only you stopping you from doing them, and then feeling annoyed/angry/even more fed-up, and then feeling even less motivated...
    Be kind to yourself, you've had a lot to deal with, and energy, motivation, interest, tolerance etc are not there in limitless quantities all the time.
  • Turbogran
    Thank you Alistair Tezz Tony and

Alistair yes that's just the feeling just run away and hide I don't feel like it very often but think its the rotten year ive had I normally cope with the arthritis quite well.

Tezz i'm lucky I caught my Shingles very quickly it started with a couple of spots I noted when I was getting ready for bed on the Friday night the on the Saturday it had spread and we decided it looked like Shingle and because my oh had a 70th birthday meal away with our close family which was planned for 2 weeks later I was worried that if it was I would not be able to go so I went into the local hospital near me on to the emergency clinic on the Sunday morning and he confirmed it and put me on antiviral meds
    to try and stop any more crops of blisters so that I would be ok to go and I have had the nerve pain on and off but must say it seems to have disapeared quite quickly . its now just the lingering rash which I think is taking so long to go cos it is under where your bra goes. plus I had amitriptyline once before and had some bad side effects so would not want the back again.

Toni your right family don't always understand the worst one in my family to be honest is mr turbo he always tells me not to fuss : :roll: I also have a friend who always thinks she knows but she don't she will say oh you have to get on with it its not gonna change (as if I don't know that) :roll: :lol: and belive me I think this group is fantastic and i'm very grateful for all the replies makes me feel normal (whatever normal is :lol: ) And thank you for your last comment about being a role model and I have to say I have now kept the weight of for 2 and a half years now dispite all that has gone on :o
    Stay positive always👍xx
  • Turbogran
    Hi Daffy thank you your words are so so true if I was to let the lack of motivation take over I would be so mad :x :x :x :x with myself
    and then feel even worse I sure is a vicious circle, and yet as you say there is only so much you can take of all these things before you explode so if you ever see rainbow smoke coming from the London area it will be me boiling over and losing it big time ha ha :lol::lol:
    must admit I feel a bit better today so hopefully it will last. :wink::wink:
    Stay positive always👍xx