Cervical Xray results and venting (be warned lol)

Options
Amerififer
Amerififer Member Posts: 13
edited 14. Oct 2016, 14:32 in Living with Arthritis archive
My symptoms have been worsening and are now both chronic and intermittent over last few months. My most recent cervical xray showed moderate degeneration C4/5 and C7/T1
I am guessing this is why my symptoms have been getting worse and was put on gabapentin for the nueropathy pain..
Waiting on a orthopaedic consult who my gp is hoping will order an MRI. Having thoracic issues as well but for some reason she didn't ask for a thoracic xray..
Had both cervical and thoracic x ray done back then. Think she wants to wait on what the ortho's have to say.. Meanwhile I'm on the good ole 12 week, possibly longer waiting list. Just so tired of being in pain(burning,stabbing,throbbing) Was much easier to deal with when it was just flares every 6 months to a year but this constant thing is PANTS.. grrrrr
Thanks for listening if you made it this far..

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I am so sorry that things are not going so well for you, our conditions are debilitating there's no doubt about that. Constant pain is distressing and wears us down both emotionally and physically, all of us on here understand that. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Options
    Can't your GP order an MRI? My first was through my GP.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • Amerififer
    Amerififer Member Posts: 13
    Options
    Slosh wrote:
    Can't your GP order an MRI? My first was through my GP.

According to my GP here in Scotland.. they aren't allowed to order it.. ?

Thought it was odd myself .. sigggggh..