Had joint injection on Thursday

Options
bubbadog
bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
edited 17. Oct 2016, 05:22 in Living with Arthritis archive
I was at Worcester Hospital having a joint injection in my left knee. I have to say it was the craziest thing ever! She injected my knee with this local anaesthetic that sent me as high as a kite! I have never had this anaesthetic before but it was the weirdest feeling I have ever had! I didn't feel the needle go in for the second time injecting the steroid, I was to busy giggling my head off. I was glad to get home because I was sleeping all the way back the ambulance lady said so I just snuggled in my bed and slept till my OH came home from work.

Comments

• bubbles
    bubbles Member Posts: 6,508
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Blimey Bubba, what did they give you. :lol::lol: I have never known lidocaine have such an effect. Maybe someone had left he nitrous oxide on, by mistake lol. Hope it did the trick. I am due to go for mine soon, I might divert to Worcester. GP's normally do them here, he just fires it in like he is playing darts :shock:
    XX Aidan (still known as Bubbles).
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I did have sedation due to my epilepsy, not sure if that was what made me feel drunk? After she said 'I'm going to give you something that may make you feel a bit woozy' I can't remember a lot!! :lol: