Bi-lateral nerve root block injections

Options
MaggieCowell
MaggieCowell Member Posts: 5
edited 18. Oct 2016, 11:25 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hello everyone, i am new to this forum and i am wondering if anyone knows how many nerve root block injections you can have. Different people seem to have different answers. I did ask the nurse from the flareup clinic and she said she thought that as long as they weren't closer than six months apart and you are still getting relief then you can continue to have them, but a spinal stenosis group i belong to many people said there was a limit of three! I am on the waiting list for my third.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Maggie,

Welcome to our online community, pleased to meet you. I had a little look around and couldn't find the limit on number of injections, however this leaflet is about nerve block injections so could be useful

https://www.nbt.nhs.uk/sites/default/files/attachments/Nerve root blocks lumbar sympathetic block_NBT002599.pdf

The team on helplines are very knowledgeable on most arthritis related topics so could be useful to chat to. One of the forums is run by the helplines team or ring them on
    0808 800 4050

How long did your previous treatments last for?

Take care
    Yvonne x
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,719
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Maggie. I don't know the answer to this but I'm guessing it might depend on what's being injected. Why not ask whoever does your next one? Or whoever ordered it?
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright