Si Joint Fusion after XLIF

Options
WyleECoyote
WyleECoyote Member Posts: 38
edited 16. Oct 2016, 13:18 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi everyone,

I hope those of us who are heading into winter are not experiencing too many aches and pains already and those who are heading into summer are finding it a relief.

I had an XLIF on L4-L5 about four months ago and it did wonders for my daytime pain. You can't imagine how much less stressful life is not having to be afraid of queues, security checks, public transport and their things that require standing for long periods. Unfortunately my nighttime pain was not alleviated and last week I had CT guided sacroiliac injections as a diagnostic to see how my sacroiliac joints were. The diagnosis was positive, I had 4 days of complete pain relief. BEST FOUR DAYS OF MY LIFE! Hahahaha

The CT also showed significant degeneration unsurprisingly, so I have taken to the decision to have SI Joint Fusion. Apparently they only do one side at a time (I wish they did both). Has anyone had SI Joint Fusion on here? Hoping to hear some of your experiences. (Note, this is not L5-S1 spinal fusion. This is the Sacroiliac joints in the pelvis.)

Thank you for any feedback you can give me xx