I've got another award!

GraceB
GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
edited 26. Oct 2016, 03:54 in Community Chit-chat archive
I've got my four and a half stone award! :lol:

My total weight loss is now - 4 stone, seven and a half pounds. :!: This leaves (if my maths is right, which is always questionable at the best of times!) six and a half pounds to get to my goal weight.

This has been a long slog for me but, with your help and encouragement, I'm slowly getting there. Thank you for the cheering on - it's been badly needed and continues to be needed for a while yet please.

GraceB
Turn a negative into a positive!

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Congratulations Grace,
    what a wonderful achievements, it must be amazing to know that your goal weight is in sight.
    Best Wishes
    Sharon
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Well done Grace ,we're all proud of you. Mig
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    I send congratulations, my lovely, you are to be commended and I am so pleased that your efforts are being noted and rewarded.

Hello Grace111, when I first joined the forum there was another chair-bound member who was trying to lose weight and she did, yes it took some time but she lost around five stone so it can be done. If you need any encouragement count me in. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • rondetto
    rondetto Member Posts: 2,526
    clapping.gif
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Fantastic news Grace :) The end is definitely in sight and I am confident you will get there :) :cheers:

Grace111 it might take longer, but you'll do it too with determination.

Love

Toni xxx
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Nothing to do with us, Grace and everyrhing to do with you. That's fantastic for anyone. For you, in your circumstances, amazing. You are an example to us all. Congratulations.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Turbogran
    Turbogran Member Posts: 2,023
    Well done Grace
    Fantastic you should be proud of yourself you have done so well hope you have seen my reply to your pm and hope it helps.

also good luck to you too Grace111 on your slimming world journey
    Stay positive always👍xx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Blimey Grace that is such a lot of weight well done you for all the hard work...I think you will be shopping for more clothes now..x
    Love
    Barbara
  • GraceB
    Thank you all so much for your kind replies.

I'm back in jeans for the first time in decades. I see a reflection of this person, wonder who it is and then realise it's me! I've had lots of lovely compliments from my work colleagues which always boost the morale.

I started this journey end of August 2015 with the support of my late partner John. He saw me get to the 2 stone weight loss mark and I know he'd have been so proud of what I've achieved, but I'd so loved to have shown him the results of my efforts. The fact he's not here to see me approaching the end of this enormous task is so very sad.

It's taken a time as I can't exercise due to my dratted joints, but this has been the only thing in my life this year I've had some control of, if that makes sense?

I'll continue to stick to the plan and will keep going until I get to goal weight. (Carol thanks for the very useful advice in your PM).

GraceB
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    Grace, you are doing SO well. I am in awe of you. It is so very hard when you're not able to keep as active as you would like. Is it Slimming World you're doing? I lost 4.5 stone on Weight Watchers but have put 2 back on. I've climbed aboard the wagon again though. I'd be interested to hear how you keep motivated.

I'm sure John is the proudest. Nobody would have blamed you if you hadn't managed to keep going, with all that stress. Yet, you did. You are amazing and inspirational!
  • GraceB
    Thanks Starburst. Yes, it is Slimming World.

Motivation for me is the fact I'm just stubborn! Typical Taurean in many ways. After I sadly lost my partner John in February this year, I went through the food cupboards and anything not on plan either was given to friends or donated to Food Banks if still in date. Mind you, I got some funny looks at T*s*o taking food in rather than buying it & taking it out of the shop!

Now I only buy food which is allowed on plan. I batch cook once a week and freeze (as cooking for one is not a pleasure), which means on my working days I can just thaw a meal out.

My diet has been the only thing this year I've had any control over. I'll get to target - it'll may take until December as some weeks I only lose half a pound, but I'll get there.

GraceB
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Grace

My own sister lost a vast amount of weight herself and said exactly the same about her diet - it was something she could control so I get it.

Everyone here who knows what a time you have had is immensely proud of you, you know.

Grace111 - well done you!! Extra hard when you are a wheelchair user and exercise isn't a go-er :D

Love

Toni xxx