A magical day

Options
mig
mig Member Posts: 7,154
edited 31. Oct 2016, 13:22 in Community Chit-chat archive
On saturday we went to Bletchley Park the home of the enigma codebreakers for the day we took my sister and her hubby,it was my sisters70th in june and this was our gift to them both.Its a fascinating place it makes you realise what a lot we owe to men and women that worked there.At the end of our day we sat by the lake just chilling while waiting for our coach and the herons started fishing it was so quiet everyone seemed to hold their breath while watching them ,they must be used to people didn't seemed a bit fazed at all ,my sister said that was the icing on the cake.I wish I could take you all and we could have a magical day together. Mig.

Comments

• theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    It sounds wonderful, Mig- and what a lovely way to end the day. I have a couple of books on the codebreakers at Bletchley, which I read after I'd watched the TV series about the 4 girls who used their code breaking skills to solve crimes. It was fiction, of course, but a good series.
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    So glad you enjoyed it Mig..and yes we do owe them a lot we have the book on Alan Turing..how lovely to see the heron catching fish..must say it sounds idyllic..
    Love
    Barbara
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    That is indeed a magical day, I am rather envious! :mrgreen: Sometimes magic can be found in the most unlikely places, the classics are beaches and woods but it certainly exists elsewhere if one is able to look for it. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben