Is knowing an accurate time important to you?

dreamdaisy
dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
edited 2. Nov 2016, 11:25 in Community Chit-chat archive
I confess that, to me, it isn't. The dashboard clock in Bea2 remained on 'winter time' throughout the summer which irritated Mr DD but didn't phase me one jot (mainly because I had no idea how to change it). Now I don't have to add an hour to the BB clock and it's not a problem.

When I was single every timepiece I owned was at least 20 minutes fast ( which to me was normal) but I had no idea that my paternal grandma did the same, when I discovered this many moons after she died and I found it rather comforting. My late Ma and Mr DD are incensed by my casual approach to time but why? What difference does it make if it's exactly 1pm or around 1pm? DD
Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben

Comments

• daffy2
    daffy2 Member Posts: 1,636
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Sometimes it is sometimes it isn't. My telephone and car clocks haven't been changed yet as they both require instructions and patience, and are not a priority.
    When using my preferred car park in town yes it is important, to avoid wasting £55, and also when I'm using the local bus it's useful as their timekeeping is pretty good, but missing it when it's an hourly service is not good.
    I feel happier knowing that at least one of my timepieces is correct - not least I suspect because I can't check with anyone else if in doubt!
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    I'm with daffy. Sometimes.

Catching a plane, keeping an appointment, getting to an 'event' of any sort, phoning the family in California - yes, I need to know the time.

But I don't need it on every clock / watch. My new cooker is still on BST and may well remain that way.

Now it's time for me to get in the bath :lol:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,336
    My clocks are set early too DD :) Only 5 minutes though so I must take after your Pa's Ma :D

I do it deliberately so the kids get a move on ;)

My car's clock stays as it is unless it happens to have it's service at a convenient time :oops:
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Only for keeping appointments and catching buses other wise why worry.CHILL.
  • Airwave!
    Airwave! Member Posts: 2,458
    Often my wrist is a pain so I leave my watch off much to the consternation of madam, when I was little I always turned up at half past meal time, curiously I am always ten mins early for appointments! and besides the phone has the time on it.......

:autumn-sun: like the new smilies. :D
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    I used to do that, Airwave. Or swop it about from one wrist to the other.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Must admit I am a bit obsessed with time..wasn't when I was working, only since I retired..not a clue why..my OH used to put the clocks forward a few mins..and it drove me mad...maybe its OCD... :shock:
    Love
    Barbara