Fasting blood test query

Options
Slosh
Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
edited 17. Nov 2016, 01:48 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi
Hopefully this is a simple query,
My ever thorough GP wants me to have my blood sugars checked to make sure it is the steroids that are causing it and it's not a sign of diabetes (though it's most probably the steroids as it started when I started to take them).
This means I have to go for a fasting blood test. Can I take my meds in the morning before I go for the test or not? Form just says nothing to eat or drink after 9.00 p.m. but I forgot to ask him if this includes meds.
He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
Julian of Norwich

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,712
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I'm with Sharom. I've very rarely had the fasting ones and was able to just make an early appointment then go home for breakfast and meds but better safe than sorry.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,417
    Options
    I agree with both of them Slosh give the surgery a ring.

Usually you can take them even with anaesthetic, but no point spoiling the test.

Sensible precaution there :) Good GP

Love

Toni xxx
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Options
    I will give the surgery a ring, you're right Toni, he is a good GP, I'm very lucky there.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich