Pre-Op done, now surgery time!!

bubbadog
bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
edited 25. Nov 2016, 09:58 in Living with Arthritis archive
Well had my pre-op yesterday and ready for my toe & foot fusion on Wednesday. They said a few people have cancelled due to illness and she said I could go in sooner and she would call me if a place comes up! I've been warned that I may have to stay over night and to bring an over night bag. And I will have to do the injections in my tummy like with the bunion op last year. So I'm all ready and will be glad to get rid of this horrible foot pain!

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Bubbadog,
    Glad to hear that the pre-op appointment went so well and that you're all set now for the big day. Of course moderators will all be happy to do pocket duty with you for your surgery day.
    Best wishes
    Sharon
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    Hi bubba. That's positive, yet I understand why scary at the time. You're a brave 'un though and I know you'll be fine. Here's to a lot less pain and a successful op. :)
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Thank you so much Sharon and starburst, starburst I'm definitely not brave. I try and put a face on but inside I'm really scared! To be honest as everyday passes my stomach is getting more knotted! I will really appreciate pocket duties as with you all their holding my hand I will be that more braver. :cry:
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,709
    Bravery doesn't consist of not being scared. It consists of being scared but going ahead anyway.

I hope all goes well for you.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright