50% of nothing.......

Airwave!
Airwave! Member Posts: 2,458
edited 25. Nov 2016, 12:24 in Community Chit-chat archive
I have just eaten a Toble have a guess what I think of losing half of my choccy bar!

The only good thing was that it came from the pound shop, just about where it deserves to be.

what a decision to make, lets give our customers half as much.

:autumn-sun:

Comments

• daffy2
    daffy2 Member Posts: 1,636
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    And at a stroke they've also managed to double the waste from packaging in effect. Really clever that in this day and age.
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    So wrong Airwave at least it was from the £1 shop.

Daffy you so have a point there!!
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    I do like Toblerone but rarely eat chocolate so it won't affect me much.

I actually admire the makers for their honesty in making clear what was happening and why.

For many years chocolate bars and chocolate biscuits have mysteriously shortened and narrowed while remaining at the same price and no word of explanation, let alone apology, being offered.

If the price of the raw ingredients rises then something has to give - either size or price. Yes, it could just have been made shorter but I guess, in the grand order of things, the world will keep on turning.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    So many things are much smaller , the tins of sweets for one ..have you seen the originals on utube some had collected the tins for years and put them side by side..very interesting..and this year the tubes of sweets we get our GC have now shrunk..but the prices dont..
    Love
    Barbara
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    I read about this happening to Toblerone but wasn't at all surprised. This has been happening for years, especially with cheap, mass-produced chocolate. You name the branded bar it will be a great deal smaller than five years ago so essentially costing more. Crème eggs are the prime example, they must be at least half the size they once were. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    Crème eggs are the prime example, they must be at least half the size they once were. DD

Easier to get in your gob in one go though :D

Remember border-creme eggs??......sigh