Operation Cancelled!

Options
bubbadog
bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
edited 2. Dec 2016, 13:41 in Living with Arthritis archive
Oh well was contacted yesterday morning to be told Operation was cancelled due to no beds available! :( So now got to wait for a new date. So disappointed, just hoping it's A.S.A.P

Comments

• nearlybionic
    nearlybionic Member Posts: 1,899
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    HI Bubba
    Sorry to hear that, and hope you get a new date very soon. I have had mine cancelled when I was sat in my gown and TED stockings due to an emergency taking priority, very frustrating but couldn't be helped. I got new date within 2 weeks.
    I will keep my fingers crossed for you.
    NB
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    Options
    Hi Bubba,
    so sorry to hear your news, it must be very frustrating to have an operation cancelled at such short notice. Hopefully they will have some bed soon and you will be able to go in and have your surgery. I hope you're not in too much pain while you're waiting, keep us up-to-date with how you getting on. We will all be thinking of you!
    Best Wishes
    Sharon
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Oh heck, this has not been straightforward for you on any front has it? It seems that the extra demands on the NHS, come this time of year, always take the management wonks by surprise even though they have many winters' experience from which to learn. Ah, learning and management - mutually exclusive, methinks.

I hope you hear some better news soon. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,417
    Options
    Nooooooooooooo!!!!

I am so sorry :(
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Oh Bubba
    That's awful........I've just had my TKR and I don't know why but I dreaded having it cancelled. You get so psyched up and ready for it. It was bad enough when the date was changed then and then the time changed but to have it cancelled that's awful
    Lets hope its not too long

Love Hileena
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Oh bubba I used to dread this happening to me...(())..I hope the op is done very soon...x
    Love
    Barbara
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,712
    Options
    Sorry to hear this, bubbadog. I wish you better luck next time. Hopefully soon.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright