Someone's been feeding one of my "two kittens"!

Options
GraceB
GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
edited 19. Dec 2016, 16:38 in Community Chit-chat archive
Last week you may remember seeing a post from me saying that I had the equivalent of two kittens to lose in my weight loss journey?

I've weighed in tonight. Which one of you very naughty people fed at least one of those kittens nibbles and treats this week? :roll:

I'm half a pound up. :? The last 4 weeks I've had a loss every week, and this pattern isn't unfamiliar to me, but this near to the end even half a pound off would have been nice! Especially bearing in mind I've stuck to plan. Never mind, another week has started for me and I always said I'd like to get to target by the end of the year. At least I've been realistic about this.

So - we'll see what happens next week.

GraceB
Turn a negative into a positive!

Comments

• wazz42
    wazz42 Member Posts: 233
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Well thats one naughty kitten, you will have to keep the back door shut!

It seems as if you are doing really well, I'm sure it will be gone next weigh in.

Sadly I'm too good at finding excuses not to start taking steps to reduce my weight. Really it's one of the few things I actually do have control over

Wazz xx
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,425
    Options
    Oh dear me - I hope my cat hasn't fed one of your kittens one of her mice/voles?

Sorry if she has :oops:

Often, after a rise or plateau week, you loose more the following week.

So, as I know you will anyway, stick to your usual diet and I am sure next week will be a good one :D

Love

Toni xxx
  • GraceB
    Options
    I appreciate the moral support - thank you.

I've stuck to plan this week and feel hopeful that the scales will reflect my efforts. If they don't it won't be for the want of trying!

I'll update again after weigh in on Wednesday.

GraceB
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,713
    Options
    have you considered, Grace, that those kittens might be on steroids? We all know how tough it is to get off the last few tablets :wink:

You will soon be a kitten-free zone. I have no doubt. And no doubt that you deserve it very much.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • GraceB
    Options
    SW - you could well be right about the steroids & my kittens. :roll:

Annoyingly I stuck to plan well last week, got on the scales Wednesday and I'd maintained! Aaarrrggghhh!!!! :x

My wish to get to target by the end of 2106 I suspect is now not going to be achieved. But - I'm going to keep on with this. These last 2.5lbs will NOT beat me. I'm a typical stubborn Taurean and, as I have chronic OA, we all know that we have to be resilient and persistent in order to achieve things. I'll get to target - may not now be 2016 but I'll do it!

GraceB
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,713
    Options
    Grace, I think that determining to carry on and lose those last two kittens in itself proves you will succeed. A lesser person would have decided that last bit didn't really matter since the year is almost at an end.

I know Christmas will be hard for you but no point in making it harder than necessary. Re-set your target for the New Year, be gentle with yourself, allow yourself the odd treat without going mad and don't be worried if the two kittens turn to three. (Just don't let their breeding get out of control x:wink: )

You have done incredibly well in the hardest of circumstances. Just look how much you've shifted so far :snowplow: x:lol:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,425
    Options
    How frustrating for you Grace x:?

I have no idea why this may be. I know, however, that you will reach target. I am not sure I have ever met anyone as determined as you.

((()))

Love

Toni xxx
  • GraceB
    Options
    Thank you ladies. As I'm not recognising or celebrating Christmas this year, it'll be easy for me to stick to plan. I'm due to weigh in this Wednesday and again the following one so I have 2 more weigh-ins before the New Year. It'd be nice to get to goal weight by the end of the year but if it doesn't happen, so be it.

GraceB