Knitting and sewing circle

Options
mig
mig Member Posts: 7,154
edited 11. Jan 2017, 14:08 in Community Chit-chat archive
This is Aidens idea.
Used to knit and cross stitch can't cope with them any longer so I started to learn crochet I only do plain stuff,I did a plain cardigan a few years ago Im now doing another one its in maroon aran wool and a combination of single crochet and double crochet.
There are plenty of sites where you can get free patterns.

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,417
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I do little hearts and flowers Mig :)

Love it!

u045.gif
  • Megrose2
    Megrose2 Member Posts: 331
    Options
    I'm very impressed with your cardigans, Mig. I've been crocheting for a while, but usually only do small things like hats or colourful blankets/afghans and, at the moment, snowflakes! I always do some for the grandchildren, starch them, then send them with their Christmas card for them to put on their tree. They live 200 miles away!

I had another steroid injection into my right thumb joint last week and, so far, it seems to be working pretty well. Having said that, I'm making sure I don't overdo it!

Are you a Ravelry member?

Meg
  • mig
    Options
    I only do plain crochet and jumpers and cardigans are really only squares with a bit of shaping for the sleeves.
    Ive not heard of Ravely is it a crochet forum ,to get my patterns I just googled free crochet patterns some of the sites are american .
  • Kerrsa
    Kerrsa Member Posts: 233
    Options
    I cross stitch but am finding it more painful with my fingers at the moment. I'm off on holiday next week, with some cross stitching planned, but will have to see how my hands hold out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Megrose2
    Megrose2 Member Posts: 331
    Options
    Hi Mig. Ravelry is a knit and crochet community - principally American, but with members all around the globe. There are lots of groups and forums where you can ask questions (I've asked a lot of questions!) about virtually anything to do with knitting and crochet. There are also thousands of patterns. You simply register for free. I can heartily recommend it and have found it extremely useful in the past.

Just google Ravelry.com.

Meg
  • lindamay
    lindamay Member Posts: 118
    Options
    I too used to do lots of knitting but now find it painful. I can mange simple crotchet, squares, circles etc. I have donated some small blankets to Salvation Army who are very grateful. I have also made easy shawls. I am not great at understanding crochet patterns. But will persevere.
  • mig
    Options
    I got a knitting loom set and a book on how to do it from my middle son ,he thought I might find it a bit easier to do,its actually a take on french knitting kids used to do with a knitting dolly or an old cotton bobbin,I'm going to google it just to see what its all about . Mig
  • Kerrsa
    Kerrsa Member Posts: 233
    Options
    While on holiday I have been doing some cross stitch. The fingers seem to have survived.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Turbogran
    Turbogran Member Posts: 2,023
    Options
    I knit and cross stitch too Mig can crochet but only things like squares for blankets.
    Stay positive always👍xx
  • Kitty
    Kitty Member Posts: 3,583
    Options
    I could never get the hang of crochet, but used to do Jacobean embroidery. And I was a manic knitter. hats, scarves, mittens, gloves, socks. Baby layettes, jumpers, cardigans etc. Knitted OH a cable polo neck sweater once, and a fully lined, lacy jacket when YS was born. But RA stopped all that. :cry:

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." Robert A Heinlein

• mig
    Options
    I need to find someone who can finish off a cross stitch I started and am unable to finish ,it cost me quite a lot so I don't want it to go to waste,any ideas where to look.
    I am now working on a scarf on my knitting loom. Mig